Chapter 25

Ash's POV

"Where were you Ash?!" Marina shouted at me and playfully smacked the back of my head, just like an elder sister.

I sheepishly grinned at Marina and Calem as they stood in front of me demanding answers as to where I was. Marina and Calem had not witnessed Sere's 'star' entry and neither did they see the drama that unfolded here. So, they had been searching for me and were worried. 

But seriously, I am not that weak. Plus, Dawn ditching me was more of a relief than pain. 

"Guys, I was just here some-" I was cut off by Calem who took a few steps towards me.

Did I tell you he was taller than me and right now it would seem as if I was being bullied? No probably not. He was towering over me and had a very angry face. Somehow it reminded me of Sere's Dad- he wasn't the angry type but I still remember the day when Marina was bullied and her Dad stepped in. That was something really scary. I remember that I was shaken up after the whole incident and it took my Mom, Sere's Mom, Mari and Sere to snap me out of it and make me start talking to Mr. Yvonne again. He told me to call him by his first name but I am still too scared of him and insist on calling him Mr. Yvonne. I wouldn't like to mess up with him.

"Ash Ketchum, after Dawn ran out shrieking and crying, you were no where to be found. We looked for you everywhere and even tried to call you, but no response," he scolded me as if he were my Dad.

Well he kind of was like my Dad. I had no say in front of him.

"Guys! I am not a kid who would get lost in a crowd! Please, chill-"

"What would we do if you had run off in depression? What if-" Marina was interrupted by an all to familiar voice from behind me.

Even if I am underwater, I would still be able to recognize that voice.

Her voice.

"What if you had been crushed under that stampede the kids caused when I gave a sudden 'star' entry?" She asked. She had folded her arms behind her back and popped her head out from my left side, clearly shocking the couple in front of me.

"What were you trying to do?" I asked, trying to act calm and composed. She had this weird but pleasant effect on me. My heart-beat fastens and my breath hitches in my throat.

The Sere effect.

"Oh me? I was trying to sneak up on you and throw this punch on you but I guess I had to rescue you from them first. So plan fail." She pouted and stood up straight and handed me one of the glasses she brought.

"And what are you staring at?" She asked the couple as she sipped some of her punch, trying to act innocent. I admit, she really looked innocent and cute.

"Serena, you- came!?" Calem managed to stutter out.

"Serry! You look-" Marina started squealing but was shushed by Sere.

"Gorgeous- yeah people told me that. Beautiful- Ash used a pickup line to tell me that. Nice- Ash said that. So thanks, but no thanks." Sere said as she continued sipping her punch. She slightly rocked sideways and looked like a little girl. She was going to be the death of me.

Calm down Ash. Breathe.

"We thought you weren't going to come because the last time we checked, you weren't ready to come at all." Calem stated.

"Ah yeah! I only came to save him from Dawn." She pointed at me, never leaving her punch. "And about the whereabouts of Ketchum, he was with me. After Dawn ran out, Ash dragged me out for interrogation as to why I was here."

Why is she avoiding the fact that we are dating?

"Yeah, and we-" I was interrupted by Sere.

"The ice in your punch is melting." She pointed out.

I frowned at her as she clearly did not want to tell them that we are. She has been avoiding it since we entered the gym again. Slapping my hand away, standing a bit farther away from me.

But why?

"Sere, why are we hiding the truth?" I asked, suddenly out of the blue.

She stopped drinking her punch and started stuttering, "Uhm-"

I swear I saw her blush fifty shades of red within those few seconds.

Cute.

"What truth?" Marina asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

"I-Its n-nothing." Sere mumbled.

"Come on, we know it is something!" Calem exclaimed.

I looked at Sere. She seemed nervous and embarrassed.

Oh well, teasing time.

I smirked and cleared my throat. Sere's head snapped towards me and she glared at me. She started mumbling but I heard her say, 'what is he doing?'

"Well, Sere is dating." I said.

After a few moments of silence there was a loud 'what' that echoed in the whole gym.

"WHAT!?" The three exclaimed in unison.

Sere glared at me as if trying to say, 'you are dead'.

"She is dating! Who!?" Calem asked excitedly.

"What do you mean by 'who'? It is As-" Marina smacked his head lightly.

"That's the thing. It is not me." I shrugged casually. I looked at Sere and she had that killer look in her eyes. If she had been holding a knife instead of that glass, she surely would have stabbed me. Right in the heart.

"WHAT?!" Marina and Calem exclaimed.

Sere groaned beside me. I chuckled silently.

"Yes, I am. So what is the big deal?" Sere questioned and looked at me.

Wait- She agreed?!

That was not supposed to happen.

"Serena! It is a big deal! You know right that you like Ash and that he likes you back! Whom did you meet so suddenly that now you changed your mind about him?" Marina started rambling. Sere ignored her sister and seemed uninterested.

Where was she going with this?

"Is there anything wrong? I don't feel the same way anymore. I met a better guy. The cab driver who drove me here, th-" She started but was cut off my Marina.

"C-Cab driver?" Marina shouted. "No Serena! Anyone else but not a cab driver. Look around you, there are so many guys, better than Ash. So if not him, then okay, its fine. But not a cab driver. That would be so- yuck!" Marina furrowed her eyebrows and made a face full of disgust.

Sere nodded and glanced at my reaction, "what I meant was the cab diver who drove me here picked up another guy on the way. His name was Ryder. He looked really handsome and was well mannered too. He even kissed the back of my hand before I left."

No ways! I am not playing this game any more.

"Sere," I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me. "We are dating!" I shouted and frowned.

No more games now.

"WHAT!?" Marina and Calem shouted for the third time today. Sere just grumbled something under her breath and face-palmed. She then wriggled out of my gasp and finished her punch.

"It's not a big deal," she mumbled and looked away, trying to hide her blush but failed miserably.

"Why is it not a big deal? I mean finally you guys are together! It has been ages since I started shipping you two," Marina squealed and hugged Calem.

"Yeah, your proximity level was far more than 'friendly'. I am so happy! Ash has grown up," Calem wiped a fake tear and patted my back.

"Yeah- yeah whatever. It doesn't matter since Sere is not interested," I pointed at her and she glared at me.

She was about to hit me, when suddenly the blaring speakers interrupted her.

Huh, saved my the speaker.