two

dan's fingers played with the ends of his jumpers sleeves, his legs crossed as he watched phil sit in his computer chair. the boy had brought over his own aid kit, pulled up a chair and was being gentle with him. meanwhile, dan's nerves and thoughts were all over the place as the other moved closer and closer to him.

phil had been studying over the others face, not only admiring the strangers looks but also scanning over for all the injuries. his fingers moved gently, his eyes blessed as he watched dan's cheeks heating up with a warm, bright blush. he worked carefully, cleaning up the bloody smears of the boys face and going back over to disinfect the busted bit of his lip and the scrapes and scratches that littered his face.

dan would wince a bit here and there as the disinfectant caused the wounds to sting a bit, clutching onto his sleeves a bit tighter and even twisting the ends. when his face was cleaned off and finished - and it was declared nothing was bad enough for stitching - he looked down as his hands with a small frown; his sleeves and other bits of his shirt had bloody stains he didn't even realize were there.

phil set the used bits aside and the turned back to the small brunette, resting his hands gently atop the others. "look, youre gonna have to take your shirt off for me to look at the rest, especially with the bloody bits." he said softly, his fingers giving the others a small squeeze.

the brunette bit his lip and shook his head. "no, no i cant." he said softly, his face heating up a bit more. "i-i'm not comfortable enough and, and," his face scrunched up a bit (phil found the action quite adorable), his words cutting off as he just sighed.

"how about this, okay? i can step out, and you can put on a short-sleeved shirt; when i come back in we can talk while i clean up your arms. is that okay uh?" he paused before dan spoke up, his voice soft. "dan, my name is dan. and uh, yeah, yeah, that's- that's perfectly fine." the boy smile, fingers gripping his sleeves and he slowly stood from his bed as phil stood from the chair.

"well, dan," phil smiled, gently resting the small box of an aid kit onto the bed, "i'm just going to step out, then." he said, his smile causing dan's heart to pick up speed and he bit his lip, the door closing gently.

as soon as the door closed, dan nearly collapsed; the hot neighbor was in his room and was - not only right outside while he was about to change but also - going to see his disgusting body and it was driving him insane. his fingers ran through his hair in a stressful manner before he glanced over to his closet. his slipped a shirt off the hanger, his faded-blue jeans hugging his legs in a decent manner - at least in his opinion - in his mirror; he pulled off his bloody, bright yellow shirt and slipped on the soft pink one. he spent no time looking at his bare chest, too self-conscious but also a bit scared to see the damage to his body.

he took a deep breath, his hand nervously pulling the door back open and looking shyly up to phil. "you can uh, you can come in again." he said softly, allowing the other to slip into the room before gently shutting the door once more. "sorry if i took a bit." his fingers gently tugged at his hair again and a nervous smile slipped onto his face.

"don't worry about it, really; pink really suits you, by the way." phil said, his hands raising and gently taking dan's into his own. "and calm down, just relax; have a seat so we can get you cleaned up and so we can get to know each other, yeah?" he gave the other a smile; the kind that made dan's heart melt, his knees weak, and his thoughts race.

"so, dan, tell me a bit about yourself? maybe some twenty-one questions?"

-

when phil finished up, his lips formed into another smile. "there you go," he said softly, "all done."

dan straightened out his shirt and slipped it back over his head carefully before turning around to face phil. "thank you so, so much." he said, his legs crossing again and his arms crossing back around himself. "is there anything i can do in return?" he bit his lip, his soft, innocent eyes looking up at phil.

the taller gave a soft laugh, setting the kit aside on the desk and sitting back into the rolling chair; he didn't say anything for a bit, his eyes never looking into the others, but instead admiring how small, cute, and soft the other looked.

dan's slim, yet short figure was adorable, and the light-colored style fit his skin so well and his poorly straightened hair had a bunch of curls forming again. the soft pink of his shirt fit him nicely, the color complementing the darker skin tone and the size being just the perfect tightness for his build.

"phil? is there anything?" dan repeated, his head tilting a bit to the side, reminding the subject of a puppy as a smile slipped onto his face and his eyes slid up from the others pink, plump lips to meet his eyes.

"you know what? there- there actually is; let me drive you to and from school from now on." he said, smiling over at the other.

he couldn't believe himself; phil lester, the stereotypical, popular kid of the school was cold towards most to try and keep the reputation he had going, he was already weak and practically wrapped around the others finger. the short hours they had spent together had led to quite a few deep conversations to the point that phil would forget what he was doing and get lost in dan's expressions instead.

dan's heart sped up once more, his eyes widening slightly in a bit of shock. "are you sure that's what you want? wouldn't that be benefiting me more than it would you?" his voice was filled with confusion as he let a pout come and replace his smile. "that doesn't make any sense, does it?"

phil felt a blush rise to his cheeks and he looked away. "i mean, yeah- but! but im perfectly fine with that and it really would be nice; i'd get to help you get places safely, and i'd get to hang out with you and get to know you a bit better on the drives." he said and bit his lip gently after, his teeth toying with the ring to try and calm his nerves. "is- is that okay?"

dan gave a small, short laugh as his hands rose from his lap to his mouth; he found the others nerves cute and amusing. "thank you, phil, really; i uh, i guess i'm gonna say yes to that then- and i appreciate it very, very much." he smiled, his laugh turning into a giggle as he looked over at the other boy.

"i can't wait."