Chapter 15: Looking After Me

Start from the beginning

Immediately, the handheld mirror begins to glow in her hand. Mal can see the clouds forming within the reflective surface, meaning that it was working. She knows what comes next.

"Mirror, mirror in my hand,

Show what Uma wants in this land?"

A faint image begins to appear within the mirror and Mal squints to get a better look. She sits with her back against a tree near the shoreline to be comfortable.

The image of the ocean appears and then there is the all too familiar turquoise braided hair of the daughter of Ursula. The shell around her neck is glowing and she has her tentacles pushing along the rough surface of the sea. Mal can see the faint outline of the dome that protected Auradon from the Isle.

"I knew it," Mal hisses, smiling to herself.

The daughter of Maleficent squints into the tiny mirror and it looks like Uma is holding something in her arms. She can't tell what it is, but it seems to have some greenish tint in the fading light.

She continues to watch as Uma reaches the barrier surrounding Isle. She can see the faint outline of Captain Hook's ship, The Jolly Roger, on the opposite side of the barrier. All Isle children knew that after Uma's failed attempt to find King Triton's Trident and trade it for getting off the Isle, made her own ship, The Lost Revenge, unable to sail ever again. Why not steal the fastest ship on the seas to make a quick getaway?

"Okay, boys," Uma says, Mal hearing what her rival is saying through the mirror. "We've got one chance at this."

Uma pulls out the jar in her hands. She then uses one of her tentacles to toss the jar at the barrier. It smashes once it hits the wall, the liquid pouring out and into the ocean. Mal watches as the ocean where the potion hit begins to glow green and swirl around, what shocks her the most is that the green whirlpool seemed to be mostly on the inside, where her ship was. The light becomes brighter to the point that Mal can barely see through the looking-glass. Uma then uses her magic; the blue magical light is being cast out of her hands to make the green portal bigger and bigger. Somehow the magic cancelling barrier can't stop it from getting into the harbour of the Isle. The more power she feeds into it, the larger the thing gets. The ship seems to sail towards the portal until it hits the surrounding current and is sucked into it.

"Think about where you want to go boys!" Uma hollers as the ship is sucked into the portal.

Mal can't tell what's happened but suddenly a new green portal opens up not far from the shore and to her horror, The Jolly Roger surfaces right in Auradon harbour. Mal shoves the mirror back into her bag and stands up. She watches as Uma now swims back towards the beach where her mortal enemy is hiding. The laughter of the wicked sea witch's daughter echoes everywhere, along with her crew, shouting and celebrating, finally free from the Isle.

Mal knows she has to get back and warn everyone, finally being able to clear her name and reveal the truth. She slips through the trees knowing she has to stay hidden. She decides to use the long way just in case the new band of pirates spots her. Her mind is racing, what would Uma want now that a ship and her crew are here? Terrorize Auradon no doubt. When she comes out near the Enchanted Lake, Mal notices something. It just barely catches her eye as she passes. Wanting to ignore it, she takes a few steps forward, but unfortunately, her curiosity gets the best of her and she stops. She finds a bundle of things next to a tree.

She recognizes the light blue hue of a discarded coat and the rancid smell that goes with it, she knew that it was Uma's. The coat is being used to hold things. Without hesitation, Mal opens it. She finds two books and various potion ingredients, no doubt Uma hid them here, planning to come back for them later. The daughter of Maleficent immediately recognizes the book that was stolen from her locker and she shoves it into her bag without a second thought. Knowing that she's just found more evidence to prove her case, she takes everything and hides it in a different spot, knowing that if she had to bring the teachers and guards over for proof, only she could find them. Satisfied that she has enough evidence, Mal runs back towards Auradon Prep.

She rushes through the halls and begins knocking on Ben's door, knowing he'd be working late.

"It's open,"

Mal sticks her head in, her green eyes meeting his brown ones.

"Mal?" he gasps, immediately standing up. He walks around his desk but stops weary of approaching her, wondering if she was still mad. "Look about earlier..."

"Screw earlier, I saw Uma and I know what she's up to. We have to warn the school because Auradon is going to be invaded."

The crew is here. Please Review