Esther

Damon

The four men were sat at an ornate dining table in Klaus' mansion. An uncomfortable atmosphere was looming overhead as they discussed Elena's ancestor, Tatia; the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger was always undeniably powerful.
"Speaking of romance, where is our lovely Sister tonight?" Klaus mused, eyes flickering from Elijah to his guests, "Damon?".
"She's busy" he said through gritted teeth, earning a curious glare from the hybrid.
"Busy, right..." Klaus noted in disbelief, "Tell me, Elijah, are you aware of our Sister's less than acceptable romantic engagements?".
"I am" Elijah nodded tensely.
"You are? I must admit I'm surprised" Klaus chuckled, before turning back to the older Salvatore.

The two men continued glaring from across the table, neither of them  understanding Grace's affection for the other.
"If you wanna give me the 'hurt her and I'll kill you' speech, don't bother, Elijah and Rebekah have already beaten you to it" Damon added with a sarcastic smile.

Stefan rolled his eyes, shaking his head warningly at his brother, who simply continued smirking in response.
"Hardly surprising, Elijah was always better at being the protective older brother" Klaus shrugged, "But let us be honest, Damon, if you hurt my sister... none of us would be needed in the slightest" he grinned, leaning forward slightly in his seat as the smile dropped from Damon's face. "She alone could rip you apart in seconds without even flinching".

Grace

I had long since given up trying to get out. I had tried every exit, every possible way. The spell must've been cast on the whole house. I was sat, cross legged, just inside the doorway, staring ahead to a place I couldn't reach.

That was, until, a car approached my eyes flickering towards it as I attempted to deny myself even a glimmer of hope. Fortunately however, the one person that could have done this to me stepped out of the car.
"Bonnie Bennett" I sighed, "I take it you're to blame for trapping me in here?" I asked dryly as she walked towards me determinedly. She didn't reply, she simply began murmuring words under her breath, her palm outstretched towards the doorway as the wind blew around her hair. "Bonnie?" I asked worriedly, squinting in confusion at the witch.

She stopped suddenly, finally looking down at me.
"You have to go" she said. I now noticed that her face was pale with fear, clearly shaken up by something.
"What?" I questioned, hauling myself to my feet.
"Go" she said again, more adamantly this time. I tentatively stepped over the threshold of the door, a wave of relief rushing over me.

"Why did you do that? What happened?" I whispered, turning to face her.
"You'll know soon, there's no time to explain" she said quickly, "You have to go". I nodded then, understanding the seriousness in her tone. I had a bad feeling about this. "Oh, and Grace?" She said, just as I managed a few steps forward. "Don't blame Damon for this" she said, gesturing towards the house. I turned back to face her, not quite knowing how I should respond or feel. I simply nodded, before turning back to the darkness and speeding off into the night.

______________

When I arrived back at Klaus' mansion, it was quiet. Too quiet for comfort, meaning that something had gone wrong.

I burst into the dining room, only to see Klaus pinning Stefan down at the fireplace.
"Stop!" I yelled, rushing forward in a panic.
"One more step and he dies" he warned, twisting Stefan's arm further into the flames, stopping me in my tracks.
"Go ahead and kill me" Stefan hissed, teeth gritting together. "I know you'll do it when he brings the coffin anyway".

Klaus pulled him out of the fireplace a moment, eyeing the younger Salvatore carefully.
"You really have given up, haven't you?" He questioned, shoving him back "Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?".