Chapter 24

Serena's POV

"So how come you are here?" Ash nervously scratched the back of his head and looked everywhere but at me.

"I realized that Dawn was up to something, so I came to save you," I said proudly.

He looked at me, giving a look which obviously said, 'seriously, save me?'.

I nodded my head and laughed as he sighed and groaned a little.

"So does that mean you heard what Dawn said to me?" He asked looking at the ground and shuffling his feet.

"That was what I want to ask you. What did she say to you that you were about to take her hand?" I asked.

"N-nothing!" He raised his hands up and nervously chuckled.

What did she say? What could possibly have made him think twice about taking her hand?

"Well," he started.

"Yeah, why did you bring me here?" I smirked as his expression again changed to nervousness and embarrassment.

"I couldn't let you dance with them!" He pointed out.

"Why? Any problem you have with me dancing with them?"

"Yeah I do!" He said.

I froze as I heard the determination and fierceness in his voice. He was being defensive- for me?

"A-Ash, I-"

"No wait! Listen! Let me speak and just vomit everything out, now!" He said frantically.

I nodded. He sighed and made me sit down.

What was this all about?

"Okay, first of all- you look really nice. I-I mean- really really nice," he started and looked at me to see my reaction. I just blushed and he seemed to enjoy it as he smirked. I groaned and muttered a little 'thanks'.

"Now, Dawn was flirting with some senior and I just wanted to get revenge for ditching me and wasting my money. So I went and just lied about me and her," he trailed off and looked down.

"You and her- what?" I glared at him. He surely just said something impossible.

"That, I and her were- dating and slept together." He looked at me unsure as to what I would say.

What?

I blinked a few times and nodded slowly.

"Okay, and then what happened?" I tried to ignore the fact that I wanted to strangle Ash for lying. And lying such a bad lie.

"And then, well, I showed the senior my phone as a proof that Dawn did text me. He ditched her and took off." Ash finished his story.

I started laughing and clutched my stomach to reduce the pain.

Oh Dawn got ruined tonight.

"Well, I forgive you for lying. You were amazing Ash. Hats off to you!" I clapped my hands at him.

"Thanks. But why are you forgiving me? I never said sorry." He looked at me and casually shrugged. This earned him a punch from me.

"Ow." He rubbed his arm and looked at me, pouting slightly.

I just shrugged and smiled at his goofiness.

"So," he continued, "I didn't like the thought of you dancing with someone else. That's why I pulled you out of there." He said.

"R-really, but why?" 

"Sere, guys were literally throwing themselves at you. And, I just had to step in a save a damsel in distress."