The announcer said a few words, tradition for the first race of the night, then allowed the race to begin. As usual, Knockout and I took the lead. A couple of classic muscle cars were hot on our tail, but  swerved around some debris, and made them crash. 

         "Good luck buffing that out fraggers!" I hollered out Knockout's window. 

         "HAHAHAAAA! It'll take a miracle for that to be fixed!" 

We raced down to the end, coming in first, as usual. I cheered as we came to stop, and got out, being greeted by a couple of magazine interviewers. They were obviously being paid more than others if they were here. 

         "Miss, I'm from 'Racer's Monthly'!" 

         "I'm from 'Cars of this Age'!" 

         "We're from 'Racer's Biology'!" 

The list went on, but only one caught my eye. 

         "Hi, Knockout," It was Victoria, "Oh don't look at me like I'm some sort of suspect! You're so weird," She giggled a small pixie-like giggle, "I'm the owner of 'Illegal Legacy'. It's not well known yet, but it will be! I was hoping to get an interview with you, would you mind?" 

         "Maybe after the next race, we came here for that one mainly. This race was just a warm up." 

         "Excuse me, but you said 'we'. Is there another racer with you?" 

Scrap, I let it slip... 

         "Um, no, well, I guess you could say that... I mean, this cherry right here has a personality of his own I swear!" 

         "Oh how sweet! You treat your car like a person!" 

         "Actually no, I treat him way better than that!" 

We both laughed for a short time, then slowly stopped. 

         "Well, I'll see you after the next race then!" 

She skipped off, going to bug another racer. 

     I hopped back in and drove over to our parking space from earlier. 

         "I don't get why you distrust her so much." Knockout stated. 

         "She helped pay for our fee, and she's a reporter, with her own magazine! I call it suspicious."

         "I call it five minutes of fame." 

         "More like an article of lies. One of the guys in my old crew were interviewed, and the interviewer twisted his words for his own benefit." 

         "I like this interviewer." 

         "Oh please. The guy who was interviewed ended up losing his girlfriend, his car, and his spot on the crew." 

         "Did you miss him?" 

         "Barely knew the guy." 

         "Then why the distrust towards all interviewers?" 

I was silent. It's not that I distrust all interviewers... okay, yeah it is, but who can blame me? I have a place in the racing world again! If that's ruined, what else am I to do? I can't stay in front of a screen for the rest of my life! Knockout doesn't have to worry about that though, so I wouldn't expect him to understand... 

         "Hey darling," the Aston Martin got my attention, "next race is starting." 

We were already at the starting line, and I could see Victoria with a camera in the rear-view mirror. I glared at her reflection as she gave a thumbs-up. Who does she think she is? My Sister?