six; ticking time bomb

Rowan never answered.
It wasn't that she was busy or she didn't want to. It was that she knew she couldn't.
I'm not here to find love, she always told herself.

Rowan found herself at her favorite cafe in Toronto, sitting at her usual seat at the bar stool in front of the window. She liked to watch the city buzz around her as she worked on her homework. It was the only place she could focus enough to study.

William was walking on the sidewalk by himself. He was upset that Rowan never answered his text. His day wasn't going well. He had a bad practice, and his favorite coffee shop was closed for renovation, which he didn't know about. He decided to go to the one down the street.

Rowan looked up from her computer when she thought she heard a dog bark when she saw William's familiar beautiful features. She panicked when she saw him walking towards the door. She put on her Nike hat and bent her head down, packing up her stuff and heading towards the door.

"Rowan, wait!" His voice yelled as she started walking down the street. She pretended not to hear him. "Rowan, I know you can hear me! You told me you have the best hearing out of anyone you know!" He yelled and she mentally cursed at herself for being so drunkenly open with the beautiful boy.

Still, she ignored him. He pulled on her arm, forcing her to look at him. She looked down at her Nike Roshes, refusing to make eye contact.

"Why haven't you responded to my texts?" He asked her and she shrugged.

"William, I'm not here to fall in love. I'm here for school. I don't do love. I don't do commitments or relationships. I'm a ticking time bomb. It's only a matter of time until something happens and I blow up and explode everything and make everyone around me miserable. Please, just leave me alone. You're better off without me."

And with that, she was gone.

liked by: williamnylander, tannerelise, and 736 others

rowmcd: just trying to minimize the destruction

Comments disabled

(A/N): I hope you guys are liking this so far! i'm loving writing it :) check out my new Mat Barzal book called "Ophelia!"