two; not such a bad thing

Rowan and William danced into the early hours of the night. Rowan could feel herself falling for William. The girl with the horrible commitment issues was being swept off her feet by the charming Swede.

In the few hours she had talked to William, she had gotten to know his name, stuff about his life and childhood, that he played for the Maple Leafs and lots more. She felt like she knew him for years when she only knew him for a few hours.

William didn't want to ruin it with Rowan. He knew she was special, even thought they had just met. But he couldn't help but feel like she was hiding something. William felt like there was something about Rowan that he didn't know, and he was determined to find out.

Rowan and William had stopped dancing and they were sitting at a high top table in the bar, both drinking waters. They were having so much fun together, they forgot they were there to get drunk about whatever they were there for, Rowan to get over her loneliness and William to celebrate with his teammates.

"Tell me something about yourself no one knows." William asked her and she thought for a second. "I've never been in love. I'm 20 years old and I've never been in love. Both of my best friends are in love and settling down with the probable loves of their lives and I don't even know how to have feelings." She told him and he nodded.

"I was in love with someone. She was my ex, we were together for 4 years, we started dating when I was still at home and we stayed together through everywhere I went for hockey. But she wasn't loyal. I loved her more than anything and she couldn't even give me loyalty." He told her and she gave him a soft smile. She reached across the table and grabbed his hand, rubbing her thumb across his knuckles.

"I'm so sorry, William. You don't deserve that." She told him and he smiled. "Nylander! Let's get out of here! We've a game tomorrow!" William heard the voice of his teammates, Connor Brown and Auston Matthews, yelling at him. He sighed and the blonde girl looked up at him and smiled. "It's fine, William. I don't want to get you in trouble with your coach." She told him and he smiled.

He got up to give the girl a hug which she gladly accepted. It hit Rowan that she may never see him again. They've been in the same city for 2 years and they've never ran into each other, what makes her think that she would ever see him again? She was just a normal girl. This was just a one time thing.

As she was going to walk away, William grabbed onto her arm. "Wait, Rowan." he held her forearm and she turned away, humming at him. "Would it be too much to ask if I could see you again?" He asked her and she smiled. "I don't think that would be such a bad thing."

liked by: williamnylander, tannerelise, and 738 others

rowmcd: tonight's look 👀🌙

tannerelise: that's! my! hot! best! friend!

carter_owens: so beautiful my best friend

williamnylander: so gorgeous, i loved getting to know you please don't be afraid to text me :)

tannerelise: ^^^ excuse me what