one

his fingers scraped against the cold, brick wall just before his body slammed against it and a grunt escaped his lips. hands grabbed his wrists and his back hit the wall behind him. "why don't you ever just listen to me? that would make things so much easier for us all, danny." the voice hissed in his ear.

his eyes stayed shut, refusing to open them and possibly allow any tears to be shed; he didn't want to show weakness to his attacker.

a foot came in contact with his shin just before a few throws from the others fists came on to his stomach. muffled sounds and grunts of pain came from dan's lips, the feeling of intense pain surging throughout his body as the taste of a metallic fluid filled his mouth.

-

when the brunette lifted his head from the ground, the air was chill and the streetlights had flickered on, his jumper needed to be pulled down a bit to shield his skin from the sudden breeze that blew through the ally. he shakily lifted himself with his hands, a nasty groan and blood-spitting cough following his standing. his back rested against the rough wall behind him as he rested an arm across his stomach.

he moved slowly, his shoes scraping softly against the concrete below his feet as he walked; it was getting late and he was hungry, thirsty, and cold. his hair blew around a bit, getting into his view and covering up his eyes as his fingers hurriedly tried to keep his sight clear.

"dan? dan, is that you?"

hands gently landed on his shoulders and his steps came to a stop as his feet turned around to face a taller male; his short, brown hair flopped around gently atop his head as the wind blew once more and his green eyes were bright and showed his happiness to see his friend.

dan gave a small smile up as his friend and his arms wrapped tighter around his abdomen. "hey peej, i didn't think i'd be seeing you; thought you had a date?" he said, his voice a bit hoarse as his words were followed by a cough.

"yeah, i did! we hit it off great and i'll be seeing her again this wee- wait, what happened?" pj's eyes grew darker, confusion and worry were evident in his features as a hand raised towards dan's lip to wipe a bit of what looked like blood off his lips, only to have the smaller flinch away from him a bit.

"dan, don't tell me this happened again; you have got to let someone walk home with you, or they'll end up killing you there one day," his voice was soft, his told even more so as he wiped a bit of the red substance from the others skin. dan just sighed, shaking his head and gently pushing away the older's hand. "thank you peej, but i'm fine- really. i don't need a body guard."

pj just let his own sigh, biting his lip before just pulling the smaller into his arms and hugging him gently. "just promise me you'll at least try to avoid them? maybe catch a ride? you're neighbors with another student, right? try and befriend them- maybe they'll walk with you or even give you a ride if they drive, yeah?"

dan just laughed softly in response, his hands gently wrapping around the other and hugging him back. "you're an amazing, caring friend and all, but you know how i feel about meeting new people." he muttered, patting the others back gently as he pulled away and gave the other one last smile.

as they pulled away, dan wrapped his arms back around himself and pj frowned at the act. "if that doesn't feel better soon," he said as he gestured to the others arms, "then i will take you to the doctors myself. now, i'll let you go, but you best text me when you get home; if i don't hear from you i'll send out a search party." he teased, smiled as he gently nudged the others shoulder.

"i will, peej!" he called as he finally headed off towards his own home. "i'll see you tomorrow!"

-

his door shut softly behind him and he kicked off his shoes; it was his favorite time of the day and peej had almost caused him to miss it. he loved his friend, his caring and sweet friend, but the text he needed to send to the older could wait a bit.

he slipped over to his window, fingers gently grabbing onto the curtains and parting them just the slightest. his breath hitched in his throat and his teeth caught his bottom lip as he leaned against the window frame, yet stayed hidden.

the boy next door, phil lester; his curtains were parted and the window was open as his fingers plucked as the beautiful guitar he help in his hands, his teeth toying around a bit with the lip piercing. god, dan was losing his sanity watching the boy toy with the piercing; it was driving him insane and he'd never even spoke to the boy.

however, with dan foolishness, it wouldnt be long before the beautiful boy knew of dan's existence because as dan went to lean back a bit more, he knocked over his nightstand. he would have been fine, but the noise scared him and caused his tripping; his elbow bumped against the glass and he had tried to catch his weight with his curtain only to drag it down with him.

he heard the guitarist stop, the music no longer going as he then heard a few small noises and a voice yelling out a 'hey' followed by a bit of laughter. dan groaned, shaking his head at his stupidity as he slowly pushed himself up. his arms weakly pushed the window open and a bright blush covered his cheeks as he answer in a small voice to his neighbor. "yes?"

the boy with dark hair laughed, his tongue slipping through his teeth before his hand raised up to cover his mouth. "are you okay? you made a lot of noise and when i saw you fall i got a bit worried." he said, his face going from okay and happy to one showing concern, his voice matching.

"i uh, i'm fine! is- is there something wrong?" dan asked, his eyebrows shifting to show his confusion.

"your face; there's blood and bruising- are you sure you're okay?" he asked, his hands resting on the window sill as he leaned a bit forward.

"i'm fine, really," he said, an even bigger wave of embarrassment washing over him as his gaze shifted away from the phil's, and to his own hands as his fingers played with each other nervously. "just, don't worry about it- i, i'm sorry i even caused any bothering or trouble to you." he brought his hands to himself for a moment as he spoke, only to reach out and close the window.

however, the other spoke out before he could. "wait! can i- i know this is already gonna be weird and unusual for myself, but can i please come over? i can help you clean up?" he asked, practically chewing on his lip. "i mean, if it's okay? i just- i hate seeing people hurting, despite how i look."

dan hesitated, seeming as if he was thinking about it as he looked the other over and even looked into his room before the sound of the other's cough broke his train of thought and he bit his lip. "yeah," he smiled, nodding slightly, "yeah, come on over."
_______________
someone help this oh my god