~The Search~

"Guren~" Yuichirou called, knocking on the door of a rather grand house. Before long, a voice responded, luring him over to the shed where the sound was sourced from. The man did not look up from the vehicle he was working on as the younger boy entered. 

"What do you want?" 

"Could I borrow your boat?" The question seemed to grab Guren's attention, and soon he was stood upright, glaring at Yuu. 

"Why?" He replied, growling almost. Yuu's body tensed at the other's vicious tone.

"I have a date with a girl," He said sharply, his voice eventually growing smoother as he eased into the lie. "I thought it'd be cool to take her out to sea." 

"I shouldn't have to provide for your frisky teenage outings," Guren huffed. He wandered over to a low bench, picking up a key and tossing it to Yuichirou. "You'll owe me money for the fuel. The only reason I'm allowing this is because it's good to see you going outside and talking to others after what happened-"

"Awh, do you care about me, Guren?" Yuu interrupted, smirking as he stuffed the keys into his pockets and began to turn to leave.

"That's not what I said." The older man returned to working on his vehicle. "Just be careful with it. I had to get repairs done after...an incident. Stay vigilant if you go to the North bay, too." Yuu nodded dismissively, not really acknowledging his warning and leaving.

~

Yuichirou crouched at side of the pool, reaching his arms out as a way of encouraging Mika to jump up to him. After retrieving the blonde, he draped a large jacket over his tail in an attempt to hide it. 

"I moved the boat to a quieter dock, so we won't run into anyone anyway. This is just a precaution," he hummed, gesturing to the jacket. The two left the property, cautiously at first, but soon relaxing as they walked closer to where the boat was. As it came into view, Yuu felt Mika tense.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, ready to lower him down. Mika nodded reluctantly, though he couldn't deny to himself that he recognised this boat. He couldn't quite put his finger one what about it was actually familiar. Soon, the two found themselves speeding to where Mika last saw his family, water spraying on his face as he peered over the side. Yuu cut the engine where Mika instructed, allowing him to call out to his family. 

"It's no use," the blonde huffed. "They know not to got near boats. There's no way I'll find them like this, if they even are still out there."

"Hey," Yuu started, his tone somewhat serious. "Don't talk like that. We'll find your family. Even if we have to stay out all night looking." Yuichirou shuffled over tho the front of the boat, grabbing his bag and pulling out a handful of colourful snack packets.

As you can see, I'm well prepared. We'll stay out as long as you need, Mika." A small smile began to form on the blonde's lips, the realisation that perhaps Yuichirou was a human with good intentions finally beginning to sink in.

~

Wow this is hella short!

I've had a lot of writers block with this, but I'm determined to not cancel it. I hope you liked this chapter and decide to stick with the story!

-Av.