When he made no more towards her but rather seemed phlegmatic about her proposal she stepped closer her fingers tunneling to the thick, tawny strands of his hair down to the base of his neck where she tipped his face to her. She traced his lower lip, and felt a surge of satisfaction at the way his eyes darkened. He wanted her just as much as she wanted him, if not more. She always saw it, knew it, he just needed a reminder of it.

“Millie,” his voice was strangled, pleading but she caught his protest with her lips.

Theo caught her hips and gently tossed her unto the bed beside him. She landed with a soft bounce, and a giggle bubbled in her throat, that turned into a gasp when his lips claimed hers again. His body was warm and hard next to her, his mouth ravaging hers. Millie caressed his biceps his muscles tensing under her fingers. A surge of pleasure ran through her, she was the one who brought him to this point. Her hands trailed down his chest until she met with his tapered waist, her fingers daring to dip lower.

“Stop,” he commanded hoarsely, catching her hand and pressing it into the mattress next to her head. “You need to heal.”

“I’m fine,” she countered rising her hips off the bed to press into his. And it was true she was already completely healed, her skin back to being completely unblemished.

“I don’t mean physically. You’ve been through a lot and trust me I want you so much right now I’m holding unto my last shred of sanity to stop myself from stripping you naked and tasting every inch of you. But you need to be sure.”

“I am sure,” she tried again lifting her head to kiss him, but he moved and dodged her.

“You need time to—”

“Don’t tell me what I am.” Impatiently she sighed pushing him off her to sit up, tucking her feet beneath her body. “I know what I am, and what I want. Don’t reduce what I know about myself or how I feel; to what you think is right for me. I know that you're worried, but I know what I want and right now that is to be with you Theo. I want you like this. You and me.”

He rose on an elbow and twirled a lock of her hair around his fingers studying her. Her hair was messy, thanks to his impatient hands, her lips swollen from his kisses. She was no doubt beautiful, even more so now that she was all mussed. It was her eyes, he reflected, well mostly her eyes that grabbed him every time he looked at her.

Millie gave a resigned sighed and twisted to face him. It mortified her that she had asked him to sleep with her and he refused. She wasn't going to beg him so if he didn't want to she wasn't going to push, but her words froze in her throat. She never really understood the term smoldering until now. Theo's eyes had darkened to deep amber, the hunger she saw in them all-consuming.

He rose slowly, predatory his eyes never leaving hers. He framed her face in his hands and tilted it up to meet his before brushing his lips against hers. His kiss was soft, teasing. He wanted to go slow, seduce her, make her beg him for the pleasure that he alone could give her.

The kiss deepened, Millie’s hands creeping up to his neck, her finger linking behind his head. He tucked her body next to his and traced the outline of her lips with his tongue, savoring her taste in long drugging kisses until she was left breathless.

He could've done away with her clothes in one thought, but he was going to take his time and unwrap her. Theo peeled off her t-shirt and unhooked her bra dropping it carelessly on the floor. His breath caught as he looked down at the picture she made, fully aroused and half naked on his bed.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered reverently his fingers trailing down the valley of her breasts.

"You make me feel beautiful," she answered shuddering with each of his gentle caresses.

Soul Keepers (Editing) #Wattys2020 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें