Chapter 23

Ash's POV

I stood at the main entrance of our school gym where the prom was being held. And the first I thing I see is Dawn Berlitz, the brat, pull the tie of a senior and flirt with him. He obviously was getting turned on by her charm.

Oh Dawn Berlitz, you are so dead.

I casually walked to wards her and tapped her shoulder and put on the 'most fake' smile I could muster at that moment.

"Ah! Ash Ketchum, I see you made it. I really thought you wouldn't after all your 'best buddie' isn't here, or is she?" Dawn played the innocent card and pretended to look around for Sere. But she also gave me glare as if saying, 'don't you dare say a word'.

I am going to ruin you, Berlitz.

"Dawnie," I fake whined, "please don't tell me you are thinking of dumping me just because 'that' girl is my best buddie. You know that I have a place in my hear only for you." I lied and mentally gagged.

As if ever I was going to fall for you. Well it would be different if I tripped on your over-sized gown though.

Dawn widened her eyes. She understood that I was up to something and glared at me. 'Don't you dare' she mouthed and hissed silently. I smirked a little before continuing.

"What will happen to us," I said pointing a finger at me and Dawn, "and what about what I gave you." I pointed to her stomach.

"Whoa -whoa! Wait a moment boy, Dawn is my girl. What do you mean by 'what I gave you'?" The senior asked as he gave me a slight push.

I stumbled a few steps but soon regained my balance.

If I don't end this quickly, I might have to dance with a blue eye and broken nose.

"I-I don't know! I never dated him!" Dawn screeched and started faking tears. I could feel the rage inside her. It was radiating off her make-up laden face.

"Hey! I was your date for tonight remember Dawnie!" I said, trying to convince this senior.

"Wait- you are her date?"

Oh my Dawn, you are doomed now.

"Wha-No ways! I-I-I never dated you!" Dawn faked and clung onto the senior's shoulder. "You believe me right, pumpkin! I- Why would I lie to you?" She batted her long, fake eyelashes at him and gave him puppy eyes.

"Dawnie, you texted me yesterday, see!" I handed them my phone.

I could see the senior's expression change slowly as he scrolled through our short chat. Man, his expressions were priceless.

Thank God Sere made me change Dawn's contact name.

"Who knows, when you would need this," Sere smiled and winked at me mischievously.

I am missing her already.

"We are over." The senior gave me back my phone and shook my hand with a small 'thank you'. He looked visibly happy and grateful to have left Dawn. And as for Miss Drama Queen here, she looked furious.

"Why you-"

"Ah! Bad words don't suit you 'Dawnie'. And about today, I think you will dance alone." I smirked and shrugged my shoulders at her red face.

"Ash Ketchum! You will not leave me alone tonight, or else-"

"Or else, what?" I asked.

"I am going to reveal your so obvious crush on Serena to the whole school."