Chapter 1 - Living a Happy Life

Anna

"Mommy!"

I turned from Kristoff, my new husband and the King of Arendelle, and Sven to find Michelle, my daughter, running towards us with a bright smile on her face.

She was named after Michelle the maid, who had died in the war against Prince Lawrence of the United States. Along with my sister, Elsa, the former Queen of Arendelle. But everyone knew her as, the Snow Queen.

Michelle jumped into my arms full with laughter and hugged me tightly.

She had inherited my strawberry blonde hair and Kristoff's brown eyes. Along with my personality. Though she had something of Elsa's.

Her bravery.

She let go and I set her down on the floor, bending to my knees to be eye level with her. "Do you know what tomorrow is?!"

Her eyes were full of light and excitement, I couldn't stop smiling by how excited she was. "Let me guess? Your fifth birthday!"

She squealed as Kristoff hauled her up by the waist and settled her on his shoulders. Her little high pitched laugh echoed through the village and people stared as they walked by. But me being the Queen and Michelle their Princess, they smiled.

I looked up towards the mountains and thought of Elsa's ice castle. I thought, if zip hadn't gone all the way there to get here back here, she would still be there, the castle would still be there, and she would be alive.

"Hey Anna!"

I turned around to find Kristoff, with Michelle still on his shoulders, walking away as he called out, "we're gunna go and have fun! See you later!" And they disappeared into the crowd of villagers.

I smiled and patted Sven on the head before heading back to the palace.

Two guards opened the oak doors and I stepped inside, them closing it behind me. I took a deep breath and made my way up the stairs.

I stopped at Elsa's bedroom door and looked at the designs that have been there since she locked herself in there years ago.

With a deep breath, I opened it and stepped inside.

It was dark, the curtains drawn, blocking the sunlight from lighting the room. As I walked towards them, the wooden floorboards beneath creaked with age.

I opened the curtains and dust went flying around, I coughed and looked out the window.

People were walking across the bridge that lead to the palace doors, and all I could think about was Elsa.

I saw her looking down at the swarming crowd of people who had came to her coronation.

She had been terrified of what could happen that day, and I didn't have a clue. I was just desperate to get outside the gates and find love, I never stopped once to think about Elsa.

She had kept her powers from me.

I turn around and walk over to the portrait of our father, sitting in his chair holding the two things Elsa had to hold to be crowned Queen.

She had looked up to our father so much, then he died, along with my mother.

I walked over to a mirror that was in the corner and wiped away the dust and cobwebs. I actually never been in her room before, only the time after her funeral I had come in here and cried.

I looked at myself, thinking how much I looked like my father. At least a little bit. My strawberry blonde hair was let lose, falling over my shoulders and stopping above my waist. I haven't cut it in five years, letting it grow out like this. It was curly, matching with the dress that I wore.

I actually never really used to wear dresses, only outfits. But I decided, since I was Queen, that I had to start wearing them.

So today I wore a long dark purple laced dress that showed a bit of my leg. It was long sleeved and it was an off-the-shoulder dress, like my coronation dress was.

It was a high neck, which was all lace along with the sleeves and the bottom was silky, kind of. Since it was a long necked dress, my shoulders were completely showing, but it looked nice, I had to say.

I got all these dress from Elsa's wardrobe, and I was surprised it wasn't all blue, which used to be her favourite colour.

To be honest, I didn't really have one.

With a sigh, I walked away from the mirror and the room, closing the door behind me. I took one last glimpse of the now shining room, then shut the door.

As I walked down the stairs towards the ballroom, where Michelle's party was going to be held, I couldn't stop thinking about Elsa and Michelle, the maid.

They both died but I had a chance to save Michelle, except, she told me she hadn't wanted to be saved. Even now, I still don't get it.

A few hours later, the sky was dark, the moon shining through mine and Kristoff's room as I got ready for bed.

Kristoff was already in bed, reading a book.

A Tale of Two Cities.

He seemed infested in it.

"Good book?" I asked as I pulled on a dark green nightgown and started brushing my hair, as I looked out the window, watching the stars.

"Very good," he muttered. "You should read it."

I was about to say something, when a light suddenly shined in the mountains. I lowered the hair brush and set it down on the night table beside our bed and went back over.

It wasn't really a light it looked like, snow. It was swirling around, coming from the sky and it looked like the sky was being pulled down to the ground.

"Kristoff, look at this."

He rose from the bed and came to my side. "What is it?"

I pointed to the swirling snow. "See that?"

It took a few minutes for him to answer and when he did it was, "what the hell is that?"

I shook my head, not understanding either.

It suddenly stopped. The sky went back to normal and the swirling snow was sucked into the ground. And just then did I realize it was where my parents and Elsa had been buried.

"Whatever it was, it's gone now," Kristoff said and went back to bed, continuing his book.

"Yeah," I mumbled. "Whatever it was."

With one last look, I joined Kristoff and tried getting to sleep. But it didn't help. Even when he placed the book on the table beside him and the light went out, I still couldn't shake what had just happened.

Tomorrow was Michelle's birthday and she was so excited. I didn't want anything to go wrong.

And hopefully, nothing would.