Chapter: Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

“She takes it a little too far. See, a while ago, the whole group went to the club. While we were there she said some nasty things to my face and whatever. I shrugged it off because we were in Arizona and I thought I never was going to see her again. Then I find out she followed us to Los Angeles and we run into each other at the beach and once again she’s bashing me and throwing stuff at me and it’s all this big mess.”

“She threw stuff at you?”

“The contents of a smoothie.”

“What a bitch.”

“Right? Anyway, so Harry hasn’t ever been around to see any of this but I’ve told him about it. Well at the CD signing today, Marissa was telling Harry to tell me that she was sorry and how I’m her role model or something stupid.”

“What a suck up.”

“Harry believed her.”

“He believed her? I haven’t even met her and I don’t believe her. Are you kidding?”

“No. I’m not. So he believed that she was truly sorry and the whole smoothie incident was an accident and of course I am freaking out because I know that’s not true so I had to have Eleanor and Liam explain to him how horrible she was for him to believe it.”

“When does this jealousy part come in?”

“So, Harry says he’s sorry and he believes that she’s psycho and everything is well for a second. Until he tells me that I don’t have to be jealous of her.”

“Jealous?”

“Yes, jealous. Like where do you see that I’m jealous of her. I’m not jealous. I’m angry.”

“Wow.”

“And the weirder part is was the fact that it was him that was jealous of you.”

“Jealous of me? Why?”

“Cause you’re a guy. He thinks your going to try to play a move on me.”

“Interesting. Let me get this straight. Harry is jealous of me so when you get in a fight you come over to my place? You rebel,” He kicked me playfully.

“Shut up.”

“I bet he’s raging!”

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“I am! I’ve never had anyone jealous of me. Especially a guy from the biggest boy band in the world. It’s fun,” He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

“Anyway, I think I overreacted a little. I shouldn’t be so concerned about this girl.”

“Do you trust, Harry?”

“Of course I trust Harry. That’s not a question. There was just a very little part of me that wanted him to stand up for me. I guess I’m asking for a little too much.” I shrugged.

“Harry loves you. I can see it. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. It would be a weird world if nobody did.”

“I guess,” I sighed.

“Let’s get your mind off of things,” Lucas patted my knee, “Movie?”

“Sounds good.”

“You go pick one out over there. I’ll be right back, okay?” Lucas pointed to a movie shelf by his TV and then disappeared into one of the back rooms. I scanned the shelf quietly pulling out three different ones. While I waited for him. I took a look around a little. On the end table by the couch a familiar picture sat. It was Lucas and I when I was four and he was six and we spent the day rolling the mud, our face covered in it. On the other end table was a picture of Kendra, Lucas and me fascinated by the newly born Piper in the hospital. I smiled at the thought that Lucas had these photos out. I missed him dearly.

“Okay! What did you pick?” Lucas came back yet he had a crazy amount of blankets and pillows with him. 

“I can’t decide between these three,” I held them out.

“We could watch them all…” Lucas offered.

“I’m up for the challenge,” I said back. We set up camp in the middle of his floor, in front of his television, much like we used to when we were kids. Lucas emptied his pantry and set all the food on the ground beside us preparing for the fun movie night. I felt comfortable and at ease sitting there with Lucas watching the movies. The memories flooding back to mind. It was going to be hard to say goodbye when my spring break was up. 

We did what we planned and right after the first film we put in the second, but half way through we started talking and ignoring the movie as the sun slowly set and the apartment getting darker with no lights on. With yawns we took out the second after it was finished and put in the third our eyes drifting like mad…