Chapter 6 - Celebration!

Simon's P.O.V

"SIMON!" A girl with fierce red hair engulfed me in a tight hug. I almost lost my balance, but luckily Luke was there.

We stayed there in the middle of the dance floor, in each others arms.

For months I've felt like a part of my life has been missing and now that I'm here, I know it's this. But there's something else.

Someone else.

We pull away from each other and just stand there. Her green eyes looking deeply into mine. I smile at her. I may not remember a lot right now, but I do remember her.

At least a little.

"You don't remember me do you?" She looked down trying to avoid my eyes. I kept on smiling because I do remember her. Not a lot, but I do.

"You're Clary. Clary Fray." Her head popped up and her eyes twinkled with hope.

"You're my Best Friend."

--------------------------

Isabelle was standing by the Piano swaying side to side. She hasn't talked to me since Clary arrived. I've noticed her trying to keep her distance from me and that hurt. From what I've been told and from what I remember, I know me and Isabelle were more than just friends, but that can't be right.

What would a girl like her want anything to do with a guy like me?

Without thinking I slowly make my way towards her. She notices me right away and I notice her dark eyes watching my every move.

Those eyes with the lonesomeness disguised.

She gives me a smile but I could see it was fake. The glint they had revealed a world of darkness and even though she would try to hide it with a fake smile, her eyes revealed it all.

"Hey" Hey? What was wrong with me! out of anything I could have said, I chose to say Hey. Man was I lame. How did a women as beautiful as her, ever end up with a guy like me.

She didn't say anything and she didn't need to. One look in her eyes told me everything. I could see anger and disappointment in her eyes as clearly as if she was speaking her thoughts and emotions aloud.

"Can I talk to you outside?" without saying a word, Isabelle pushes past me and walks out the door. I stand there for a couple of seconds not knowing what to do, before finally realising I should go after her.

When I get outside Isabelle's leaning on a tree with her back towards me, looking at the lake. The lake looks somewhat familiar.

I walk over to her, and try to think of what to say. There's a long moment of silence but before I could say anything Isabelle speaks first.

"Do you remember this place?" I look at Isabelle. She looks a thousand miles away, but this place does look familiar.

Images starts flashing through my mind. I see Alec, Magnus and Isabelle. Then I'm all alone.

But I'm not alone. There's something else.

"We came here, to raise the Angel-"

"Raziel" Her head suddenly snaps towards me and her mouth is wide open. She looks genuinely shocked and I can't help but smile.

"H-How do you-"

"Remember? Izzy. I may not remember everything that's happened to me, but I do remember." I move to stand in front of Isabelle, blocking her view of the lake.

"I remember giving up The Mark Of Cain in exchange for the sword of the Archangel Michael 'Glorious'. I remember falling and seeing you hovering over me. Protecting me."

I take a small step towards her.

"I remember staying the night with you when your brother died and how upset you were. I remember the time we shared at Magnus' house, and how I told you the whole plot of Star Wars."

I take another step towards her and take her hands. She doesn't pull away. Instead she takes a step closer to me so that we're a couple of inches apart.

"I remember the first time I met you and Jace telling me you'd walk all over me in high-heeled boots"

Isabelle laughs at this and leans a little closer.

"You're a heart breaker Isabelle Lightwood. You may have broken my heart once, but that never stopped me from loving you."

A tear fell from Isabelle's eyes. Before I could say anything, she pushed me back and ran away.

"Isabelle?" I stood standing there, watching the darkness surround her until I couldn't see her anymore.

She was gone.