Chapter 5 - Do you remember?

Simon's P.O.V

"So what are you exactly?" Glitters and I were in some sort of 'magical' apartment that had wards up to keep demons away. Isabelle and Alec had to go get ready for a wedding, so it was just me, Glitters and a cat.

He doesn't seem to like me.

"I'm Magnus Bane. The High Warlock Of Brooklyn." I thought he was joking but from the look he was giving me, I knew he was serious. He started moving towards me and out of instincts I moved back. He sighed in frustration and picked up his cat. I watched as he moved towards one of the doors and gently placed the cat on the ground.

"Chairman Meow can't be here for this procedure." Procedure. It sounded like I was getting an operation, which I might actually be getting. I don't really know what he's going to do, but a part of me trusts Magnus and another part is just confused.

"Okay Simon. You're probably wondering what I'm going to do."

"Uh... You think?" He gestures for me to sit on his couch and he moves to sit in front of me. He takes out the same grey book from earlier, and flips to a page. I start to feel anxious and nervous but my heart's beating fast with anticipation. I need to do this.

Whatever this is.

"I'm going to try and get some of your memories back. I'll try my best not to make this hurt but I can't promise you no pain" I nod without thinking and run a hand through my hair. Out of the corner of my eyes I see blue flames come out of Magnus' hands. I jump back a little, only now remembering he's a warlock.

"This might hurt" Before I could say anything I felt heat pass through my head, and travel throughout my body. I could hear Magnus saying something, maybe a spell or maybe some words of comfort. I felt my whole body concave, my head was beading with sweat and before I knew it, images flashed before my eyes.

--------------------

"Isabelle?"

I stood outside Isabelle's room, hoping she'll let me in.

"Go away Alec! I don't want to talk to any of you!!"

I looked around the hallway once more making sure no one was there, and knocked on the door again.

"It's just me Isabelle. It's Simon."

I heard movement from the other side of the door and knew immediately that Isabelle was standing right in front of it with her hand on the handle.

"Simon?"

She sounded so vulnerable that it hurt.

"Y-Yeah. Listen, I know you're hurting right now and you don't want to talk to anyone, but locking yourself in your room alone isn't going to help."

I heard more movement on the other side.

"I know what it's like to lose someone you love. And I know you blame yourself for Max's death, but it wasn't your fault Izzy."

I didn't hear anything for a while, and I began to wonder if I was just talking to a door.

"You don't have to go through this alone. Just let me in."

There was a moment of silence. I felt awkward standing outside, practically talking to a door. But Isabelle was hurting and I know she needed someone.

Out of nowhere I felt a hand grab my shirt, and pulled me forwards. The door slammed shut and I heard the click of a lock. My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room and there was Isabelle leaning on the door, in her cute pyjamas staring at me. I couldn't help but blush.

"A blushing Vampire, who would have guessed."

I watched as she made her way to her bed. I could tell she'd been crying a lot and I wanted to comfort her, but I'm not good at comforting anyone really.

"I let you in, now what?"

I didn't really know what to say. I've never seen Isabelle like this before.

"I-I"

I closed my mouth not knowing what to say, and just looked at Isabelle. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, with tears slowly falling down her face.

"Come here."

I stood there for a few seconds not knowing what she was going to do.

"Come. Here."

I slowly walked over to Isabelle and stood awkwardly in front of her. I watched as she wiped her tears away and stood up. We were so close to each other that I could smell her scent.

Vanilla.

"Isabelle. I know you're upset, but you can talk to me about-"

"Stop. I don't want to talk Simon."

I stared at Isabelle confused. One moment she's sad and the next she's determined and angry. I'm kind of scared. If I had a heart beat, it'd be going a thousand miles an hour.

"Then what do you want?"

A smirk appeared on Isabelle lips. She grabbed a fistful of my shirt and pushed me onto the bed. My eyes went wide not knowing what was going on. Isabelle was on top of me with a playful smile on her face. Her hand moved to my chest, just were my heart used to beat.

"A distraction"

----------------------

I opened my eyes as wide as I could.

Memories after memories flashed before my eyes.

Max dying, Clary giving me a ring, me and Jace rolling around. I think I was biting him, and my mum kicking me out of the house. I felt Magnus' hand on my shoulder, he was saying something but I wasn't listening.

"Simon, it's over. You can stop screaming." I didn't even realise I was screaming until now. My head felt heavy and my throat burns.

"How do you feel?" I sat up on the couch and stared at Magnus. Chairman Meow jumped up and landed on Magnus' lap.

I hate that cat.

"Do you remember?" I ran a hand through my hair and found that some of Magnus' glitter fell on me.

At least I'm no longer a vampire. I wouldn't want to end up looking like Edward Cullen.

"I-I remember. Not everything, but I remember"