h

The bell had rung and I rushed out of class, slightly dejected from the fact that I had failed my math test. I scratched my head, knowing that my mother would not approve of this grade. I sighed before shoving the graded test paper back into my backpack. I shuffled in my backpack, taking out an envelope as I recalled its purpose. That's right!

     Today is the day that I'm going to confess to Jaemin. My heart suddenly started racing and the thought of getting rejected was scary. It's okay. You can do it. You can't back down now. It's only just started.

     I took deep breaths as I walked down the hall and took a left turn. Pushing my glasses up, I spotted Jaemin from across the hall. A smile spread on my face as I started to approach him. I didn't want to shout out his name and disturb everyone else so I kept quiet instead. I grew increasingly more excited, but also more scared at the probability of my feelings being put down.

"Jaemin!"

The sound of someone calling his name caused me to make a stop in my steps. I waited for the person to approach Jaemin and stood near the lockers, pretending to be bothered by something else. A girl came rushing to Jaemin and hugged him tightly. He was smiling brightly and wrapped his arms around her. It was the first time that I had ever seen Jaemin smile so joyfully.

The girl was the epitome of perfect. She was probably the girl that every boy liked and the most popular at that. She had all the looks and had the perfect body that anyone could ever want. They were like a match made in heaven.

After a long moment, they let go of each other and Jaemin initiated the move of kissing the girl first. Watching this scene felt as though someone had reached into my chest and squeezed my heart tightly, wanting to smash it into pieces. I choked on my tears, holding them back so that the students that passed by didn't notice me. I dropped my letter onto the ground and grabbed onto my sweater tightly. I ran away, wishing that I had never saw that; that I had never wrote that letter; that I had never liked Jaemin in the first place.

The girl in the bathroom was right.

After all, someone like me could never end up with someone like him.

T H E  E N D •

Another sad ending. I apologize for this habit of creating sad endings, but hopefully, this will be something short that entertained you for a bit. I've been on hiatus for quite a long time since I'm really busy with school and I've been procrastinating a lot as well. Thank you so much for reading this!

- bluejeon