(02) the pyramid

.:.

timothée found himself in ladera heights for the second weekend in a row. smoking and driving around, his music blasting through the speakers of his car. a lonely saturday night once again. he literally counted down the days 'til he wouldn't be alone again.

and there it was, approaching on his left. the least lonely place he made his way into in a very long. it was like the moment he walked into there, every thought, good or bad, left his mind and he was transported into another world. and without a second thought he hit his blinker and turned into the parking lot. the pyramid was even more packed than last friday and lit up in a golden yellow this time.

he took a few more hits from his blunt as he grabbed his wallet, enough money in there for him to spend a while longer in there. he inhaled deeply before knocking the ash off into the cupholder.

"fuck, i needa clean." his phone began to ring in the passenger, he glanced over at it and quickly grabbed once he noticed that bright smile light up across his screen.

he swiped his finger across the screen as he lowered the volume of his music, "hey!"

"hi, timmy, how are you?"

"y'know, just here... missing you."

"i'm sorry."

"no, it's alright." he sighed... loudly. "i just thought... maybe, i'd here from you more."

"i'm just so busy, timmy. balancing work and new people and-"

"yeah, i get it." he interrupts as he rolls his eyes.

"so... what're you doing?"

"just getting something to eat."

"are you at the food trucks? i miss our saturday nights, getting mexican food. it's not the same out here." she laughed.

"there's nothing like authentic mexican. just one more month, though and we can get back to normal."

"yeah, one more."

he leaned back in his seat, "it's been a long time." there was nothing, but silence. "hello?... hello?"

the background noise begun again, "i'm sorry, i gotta go."

"oh alright. i'll talk to you later."

"bye." and the line went dead. he shook his head and tossed the phone back into the passenger seat.

so much for that.

he rolled down his window, letting the smoke flow out the window into the gold-lit parking lot. he finished it off and stashed away the roach with the others before cutting off his engine and getting out the car. he spot the same bouncer from last time at the door as he walked past the people congregating in the parking lot, smoking, drinking, and talking with each other.

he pulled out his license and passed it to the bouncer without a word. "enjoy, kid." the bouncer spoke stalely.

"i'm 25." he muttered under his breath as he walked through the door that the bouncer held open for him and took his license back.

he walked inside and the hallway was lit in gold.
a couple leaned on the wall, ogling at one another as they spoke. timothée continued walking as he placed his i.d. back in his wallet. he approached the bouncer at the end of the hallway.

"'scuse me?" the bouncer barely glanced at him and nod his head. "what would be better, ones or fives?"

the bartender stifled a chuckle, "first time, huh?" and timothée nod his head, "do both. get more ones than fives, but save those fives for private dances and for your favorite ladies." he gave timothée a playful slap on the shoulder, "and loosen up, you'll make the girls nervous to get near you being tense like that. i've never smelt someone reek of weed so strong and be as tense as you are." he laughed.