10 B

(A/N: There are two different scenarios to this chapter, and it depends on your choice. If you choose to stay with Akari, read 10 A. If you choose to escape from Akari, read 10 B.)

I had to run away. I had to run away!

Currently, I was struggling with the handcuffs. Akari had gone away for a bit to go to the store, and my anticipation of escape was overflowing. Staying with her now while she was in this kind of state was unimaginable, I couldn't do it.

The good thing was, I had a hair clip in my pocket. The bad thing was, unlocking handcuffs with it deemed to be a harder task than previously thought. If only I had watched a video of how to do this, or had any type of foreknowledge.

My unease and frustration got to the better of me so I ended up bending the hair clip in anger. If I wasn't freed by the time - oh.

It worked!

Looked like bending it was the right choice, the handcuffs finally came off. With my new found self-assurance, I got up and prepared myself to head out. I walked toward the door of the room I was in, and touched the handle.

Akari didn't put any...traps around the house, right? There wasn't anyone else in the house...right? She did...leave, right?

My confidence quickly wavered. At this point, I had no idea what to expect. All the unexpected has already happened, and I have a feeling more is to come.

I gulped, and steadied myself. Slowly, I opened the door and peaked out. I didn't see anything or anyone suspicious. Quietly just in case, I walked toward the front door, the exit. Ha, this wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. She was too careless, I could get out of here in no time!

I was close, so close. Just as I was about to grasp the handle to the front door and reach my freedom, the door opened on its own. Or more like, someone from outside had opened it before me. It was Akari...

..............

Well I got a headache now. Yeah, it was not a good idea trying to break out. Akari was pretty agitated. All that hope I had gotten from this morning vanished. Was I really going to be stuck here, from a dumb mistake not to mention?

Despite that, the unexpected always seems to happen and I heard the doorbell ringing. Could it be, the cops?

Akari ran in the room, quickly tied a cloth to my mouth, and from what I heard, opened the door. So much for yelling for help. I yelled internally instead. Help...random person help!

The random person who rang the doorbell ended up being not so random though, because it was Daichi. His voice was unmistakable, it was definitely him! I tried listening in to their conversation.

"Do you...have any idea where she could be?"

"No....if I did, I would surely go look for her"

"...I just can't believe she suddenly disappeared like that. Even though she became my sister recently, I'm so worried about her. The thought that she was kidnapped frightens me so much, I...don't know what to do..."

"Hey...are you crying?"

"Sorry...I know this is probably harder on you, considering how long you knew her for, but..."

It didn't take much to realize what they were talking about; it was me. Still, to think Daichi would cry over me...

I'm right here!

I wanted to scream out, to get his attention, to let him know I was safe and that I never really hated him after all, but my constraint made me unable to do so.

"Sorry, can I use your bathroom to wash up? I don't want to leave looking like this..."

"....sure, just turn the corner and it's on the left"

"Thanks"

I could hear his footsteps and somehow they seemed close, could he...?

"Ah"

The door of the room I was in opened, with Daichi standing there.

"I forgot which way was left..."

He looked at me while standing still, as if I was a mirage and would disappear any moment.

"(Y/n)....? T-that's you, right? W-wha..."

"I was hoping you weren't so meddlesome, but it looks like you're just dumb..." Akari appeared behind Daichi.

I winced from fear of what would happen. The sound of metal on the ground and someone falling, but no screaming. I opened my eyes that I didn't know were closed before, and was surprised. Surprised and glad.

The knife that Akari had pulled out earlier lay on the floor farther away as if it were thrown, and Akari lay on the ground as well. Daichi was fine. He acted quickly, and grabbed the knife on the floor to stop Akari from grabbing it.

She looked at him from the ground in anger. Before another action of hers could hurt him, he grabbed her hands and tied them up with rope.

"Don't think I didn't come prepared" Daichi's serious tone showed.

"You....I'll kill you! (Y/n) is mine!" Akari yelled.

"I'll hear your excuses later" He taped her mouth shut.

He walked up to me and took off...wait no, more like broke the handcuffs apart?! I looked at him with my eyes widened as he helped get the cloth off of my mouth.

Was he crazy strong or something? The way he easily beat Akari from before was impressive as well.

"I'm glad, so glad you're ok (y/n)!" He hugged me.

"I'm glad too....thank you, Daichi"

You really can't judge a book from its cover, huh?

"But...what should we do with Akari? Take her to the police?" He asked.

"Hmmm.....let's see..."

I smirked.

  The End.

Thanks for the support and thanks for reading! <3

Please look forward to new works of mine in the future.