Chapter Two

The portal spit Mal, Ben, Evie, Jay, and Carlos out and they all fell on top of each other. They moaned and groaned as they got up off the group. Mal stood up and began to look around their surroundings.

Wherever they were... they weren't in Auradon.

"Guys, there's no way we're in Auradon." Mal said as everyone got up and brushed themselves off. "Where are we?"

Carlos began to rapidly type on his phone. "It says, we're definitely in America, and we're in Albuquerque, New Mexico."

They all looked ahead to see a school in front of them.

East High School.

"Okay, So... I don't know what spell you cast Mal, but my phone also says it's January 2008." Carlos continued.

"Ohhh, boy we're back in time." Ben panicked. "By almost 11 years! Mal, I love you sweetie but we need to get back."

Evie walked up to Mal. "Do you remember the spell you used?"

She sighed, "No, the vortex comes to take us back whenever it wants to. That's how the forbidden spells work."

"So, we're stuck in a random time 11 years from when we are supposed to be. Just great." Jay said.

"Quiet Jay." Mal hissed. "I'm thinking."

Mal felt really bad. If it wasn't for her, her friends wouldn't even be in this mess. But she knew the portal was gonna come back, they just needed to past time until it did.

"Look, we can't just wait around until the portal comes back." She explained. "Look, there's a school right there... even though that's the last place I wanna be right now cause you know it's summer."

She began to walk towards the school, but her friends stopped her.

"Oh stop it, look, well just walk around, try to be normal until the portal comes." Mal smiled as she rolled her eyes. "Problem solved."

"Mal, we can't just walk in there." Jay said. "They are gonna think we're intruders."

"Also, we can't just walked in... looking like us." Evie said. "Cause I'm pretty sure the students are gonna know kids with Purple, Blue, and White hair don't go there."

Mal groaned, "You want me to make us blend in, don't you?"

Evie, Ben, Jay, and Carlos nodded their heads.

Mal snapped her fingers and they flashed out.

Inside the High School, their was a class that really wanted class to be over, but it had just started because Ms. Darbus . So much so that they even ignored their teacher as she was rambling on about something the kids didn't understood.

"And now, for -" The started, But was interrupted by the principal at the door.

"Sorry, Ms. Darbus." He smiled. "But, I️ got some new students for you! Five of them actually."

"This class is getting over crowded. Their are literally only like five seats left." Chad Danforth said to his best buddy Troy Bolton. Troy shrugged.

"Come on in guys." The principal said as Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Ben walked in.

Mal had used her magic to make her friends styles more 2008ish, along with changing her, Evie, and Carlos hair colors to Black (Carlos), brown (Evie), and Mal charged hers back to her almost bleach blonde with purple ends.

The class stared at them. One student, Sharpay Evens, stared at Evie and Mal. She felt as if they were too pretty. Almost as pretty as her, and she didn't like that.

"What are you guys waiting for?" Ms. Darbus said. "Take a seat!"

Mal and her friends quickly hurried to their seats.

"Great, just what every person wants, more school." Jay sighed as he tapped his pencil.

Mal looked to her right and caught a glance of Troy.

He kinda looks like Ben. She thought to herself. Swoop brown hair, Blue eyes, big smiles.

"Geez, Troy. You look just like that kid over there." Chad pointes him in the direction of Ben.

"Really?" Troy questioned. He looked at Ben, who was smiling at Mal. "I️ don't see it."

He turned back and smiled at his girlfriend Gabriella Montez, who smiled at him back.

Sharpay Evens stood up and walked in front of the classroom. Jay couldn't take his eyes off of her. He wasn't even listening to what she was saying.

"Perhaps even a one woman show!" She smiled as Jay started to listen.

Everyone in the class exchanged confused and terrified looks as Kelsi Neilson quickly scribbled down names on her clip board.

Later that day, Mal and Evie has just gotten their lunch and we're looking all over for Ben, Carlos, and Jay who just went missing.

"What if the portal comes back and the boys aren't with us." Evie whispered.

"Portal comes for everyone that it transported the first time." Mal said, don't worry.

"Hey! Newbies!" The two heard voices say. They turned to see a couple of the girls from their first period at a table and they were waving them over.

"I️ think they want us to come sit with them."  Mal said.

"This place is much more excepting than Auradon ever was." Evie smiled.

Mal and Evie took a seat with Gabriella, Taylor, and their friends.

"Oh my god, cool hair." Gabriella gushed.

Mal blushed . "Thank you. Yours is amazing too!"

She smiled.

Taylor tapped Evie's shoulder. "You look like a girl that can take charge. How do you feel about a woman becoming President?"

"Yes!" Evie gushed. "And might I️ say that blazer is presidential material."

Taylor gushed. "Why thank you!"

Ben, Jay, and Carlos walked around the top deck of the cafeteria. They still didn't know who to sit with or anything. Jay rollled his eyes.

"I wanna go home." He said.

Then Sharpay, Ryan, and Sharpay's assistant walked past him.

"And take her with me." He smirked.

"Down boy." Carlos said.

The three walked past Sharpay and Ryan as she smiled at him. "It's ours Ryan." She said as he ignored her and continued to go for his lunch. She snatched it away from him as Carlos, Jay, and Ben heard music start playing.

"Imagine having everything we've ever dreamed!" She began to sing.

Ben tilted his head. "They sing here too?"

"Don't you want it?"

"Maybe."

"Can't you see it?"

"Kinda."

From below Mal and Evie put their head in their hands. "More singing."

Just then two separate portals came and sucked in Mal and Evie, and Carlos, Jay, and Ben. They traveled in the portal for about a couple of seconds before they were spit out on the ground, With each one looking their normal selfs.

"Welp." Ben said as he got up off the ground. "It could be worse."

"Yeah, we could have been dropped out of a portal in mid air and land on the forest floor... oh wait." Jay said sarcastically.

Mal sighed as she dusted herself off. "Where are we now Carlos?"

He checked his phone. "August 2008."

They all looked around and all started staring at a sign that was nearby.

It read Camp Rock.