Chapter One

Evie skipped through the halls of Auradon Beach Plaza to get to Carlos and Jay's Room. She had a mission to do, and she needed the boys to assist her in it.

"Hey guys." Evie said as she walked in. "Did you guys finish the book?" She put her stuff down before sitting on the bed with Carlos.

Carlos had a magnifying glass headset on as he carefully replicated Mal's Spell Book in all its glory. He took it off and looked carefully at it. "Okay, it's finished."

Jay tossed ball in the the air repeatedly as he eyed Carlos. "You knoww you could have used the 3D printer."

He rolled his eyes, "It's for Mal, we can't just print another one."

"We gotta make it special." Evie smiled.

Jay smiled. He knew it was for Mal and that made him smile, but he felt as it he didn't contribute as much as Evie or Carlos did. Right as he went to say something, Ben walked into the room.

"Hey guys!" He smiled. "I brought the finishing touch. A 24k gold dragon decal!"

"Jeez man!" Evie said in shock as she held up the dragon, watching it shine when she put it in the sunlight. "How much did this cost?!"

Ben winced when she asked that. "Don't worry about that."

Jay knew he needed something stellar to add... and he knew just what it was.

•~•

Mal walked down the hall to the boys dorm with Doug behind her directing her on where to go because she had a blindfold on.

"Okay Mal, watch out for the plant!" Doug said as he quickly pulled her away from the direction of the plant, he sighed as she walked into another one.

"Ben needs to get rid of some of these plants." Mal sighed as she brushed off her sleeves.

Doug nodded his head. "Tell me about it."

"What even is this surprise Doug?" Mal asked. "Not a big fan of those."

Doug opened the door to the boys dorm and walked her inside. "I think you'll be a fan of this one."

He took of her blindfold and she opened her eyes to see Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Ben holding up a book that looked similar to the spell book that her Mom gave her, only better looking and new.

"SURPRISE!" They all screamed.

The spell book caught Mal's eye, "Is that my spell book?"

"It is now." Ben smiled as he kneeled on one knee and gave it to her.

Evie smiled. "We all helped make it for you."

"We knew life hasn't been that easy for you since you gave up your spellbook. Then we remembered, you can make up spells you can use for good!" Ben smiled. "So technically, you're allowed to have it."

Mal gushed at how nice her friends were being to her out of nowhere.

"And, I went through the spell archives... and got you a spell to start Of with." Jay smiled at her.

Carlos had a look of confusion on his face. "You went through the spell archives?"

"Yeah." Jay said as Mal opened the spell book and looked at the spell. "So?"

"Jay..."

"Some legends are big..."

"Please tell me the spell wasn't under the forbidden tab." Ben said to him.

"Some legends are small..."

"I didn't really pay attention." Jay said. "I didn't think it mattered cause aren't all spells archived anyway?"

Evie's face dropped. "Jay! Spells are archived for a read."

"DCOMs Are Legends, That's all." Mal finished reciting.

Instantly, the lights went out and the room began to shake.

"WHATS GOING ON?" Mal screamed.

"Um..." Ben began to say.

But he was interrupted by a giant portal that sucked Him, Mal, Jay, Carlos, and Evie into it, then it closed, leaving Doug.

"Well then." Doug said, panting.