Chapter 1 Ten years

10 years ago. Tampa, Florida

Lexa pulls up outside a small house in her Jaguar F-Pace, she shuts off the engine and looks at the text she received from Clarkes colleague, Luna making sure she has the right address before stepping out of the SUV standing staring at the house.

Walking up the path to the front of the house taking the steps to the porch, Lexas heart begins beating quicker. She goes over to look through the front windows of this small house but all she finds is darkness inside.

Lexa walks to the front door, taking a minute to calm her heart beat and breathing she takes the door handle turning it she finds it unlocked, entering the cold house.

Looking around she doesn't find what shes looking for in the living area, so she walks over into the open planned kitchen being as quite as she can, she only finds two empty plates on the dinner table she turns away and heads for the stairs.

Taking the stairs Lexa comes across some women's clothing, picking the top up she recognises just who it belongs to making her heart skip a beat but not in the good way.

As she nears the top of the stairs hitting the last step, she hears muffled sounds coming from presumably a bedroom to her right she goes in search of who she knows will surely be behind it.

She finds herself standing in front of a white wooden door. The recognisable noises coming from the room piercing her heart like daggers. She herself had heard those very same noises only a few nights ago, as she reaches for the handle to the bedroom, leaving her hand resting on it she takes a deep breath in, afraid to see what she knows is on the otherside of the door.

She composes herself and pushes the door open finding the two people she expected to see frantically trying to cover up on a messy bed.

"Oh my god! Lexa!"

Lexa closes her eyes briefly before turning away, her destination, to leave as quickly as she can.

"Lex. wait hold on!" Clarke calls grabbing her white robe from a nearby end table tightening the string of it around her.

Lexa runs down the stairs out the front door only to crouch down on the porch, her head in her hands only to stand up again when Clarke comes to a stop behind her, holding the robe tighter around her body to block out the evening air, not being able to stand in one spot Lexa begins to move and fidget.

"Lex im sorry let me explai-" Clarke trys

Lexa turns sharply to face her.

"explain what Clarke.. huh? That you're fucking that guy. Is that it? Does he fuck you better or something"

Clarke sighs "no lex please"

"No! Stop with the lex, you lost that right the mintue you walked into his arms" Lexa points to the house in disgust only to run her hand through her hair.

"how fucking could you i wanted to spend my life with you, have children with you, raise our kids then grow old together but you fucked that dream didnt you?"

Lexa looks down not wanting to look in Clarkes direction. Broken over what she just witnessed.

"i-"

Lexa cuts Clarke off "i wanna know was it just an experiment a quick 'i wonder what this would feel like, fucking a girl with a dick' was it a get on, get off?"

Clarke shakes her head "Lexa stop! You know that wasnt it. That isnt why i love you. It had nothing to do with me staying by your side. I love you more than anything in this world because of your heart"

Lexa laughs throwing her head back looking up towards the sky.

"well your way of showing it is certainly different"

Silence follows falling upon the two, Lexa running her hand through her hair once more, Clarke hugging herself.

"You know i didnt want to believe Luna. im just- im done. I just cant." Lexa breaths out at a loss for words every bit of energy leaving her body

"Oh and you should tell your boyfriend to lock his door"

"Lexa please" tears start to stream down Clarkes face like a river flowing.

She reaches out for Lexas arm who retracts it quickly unable to face the girl and turns away. As everything suddenly feels like its happening in slow motion.

Walking down the porch her head looking to the left then down at the floor, Clarke watches as she gets to her car. Once in turning the ignition on and leaving Clarke standing frozen as the Jaguars headlights fade into the cold distance.

Lexa drives for minutes that turn into hours, for yards that turn into miles until she reaches a parking lot.

Pulling in she parks up shutting the engine off . She grabs her phone from the centre console looking at the screen-

20 Missed calls from Clarke

She throws her phone on the passenger seat, resting her head on the steering wheel, she begins to cry streams of tears falling to her lap with no sign of stopping.

A/N:

Hello to anyone who's even reading, thanks for clicking on my story its super cool you did.

Ok first off I have proof read this like six times (im a perfectionist gotta be my perfect haha) but hopefully ive picked up all my mistakes sorry if you've found any im not the best at spelling/grammar.

This is the first fan fiction ive ever posted I have dabbled abit in it just only for my own benefit id always thought it was abit weird writing fan fiction but that was way before I realized just how creative it was I enjoy creative writing so I thought fuck it lets give it a shot. Im still new to this crazy world so hopefully its up to scratch with some, alright enough of my rambling.