Chapter Fourteen: Family Lawyer

"Honestly, the worst part is probably that he didn't even apologize." I say, putting another Babies R Us bag in the car. "If he had apologized, I would get over it, but he hasn't."

"He wasn't raised that way." She shakes her head.

"Well he won't apologize. He's stubborn. He's been that way since birth." I exclaim.

"Oh, I know. I raised him." She says. "You're just as stubborn as he is."

"Yeah, but at least I know when to apologize." I exclaim.

"Oh sweetheart, Danny knows when to apologize. I think he genuinely thinks he did nothing wrong."

I frown.

I know he's a good guy and I know he apologizes when he knows he did something wrong, so the fact that he hasn't yet tells me he really doesn't know he did something.

Wow.

Beatrice gets in the drivers seat of Danny's truck and I get into the passenger seat, buckling up.

Now the fact that he doesn't know he did something wrong makes me even more pissed off.

My phone chimes with a message.

Hubby: Hi
Me: Hi?
Hubby: where did you and mom go

We have been gone for three hours.

Me: we left three hours ago

Hubby: oh okay where did you go

Me: shopping.

I see him read the message and he starts typing, and then he stops, and then he starts again, and then he stops. Nearly two minutes pass before the typing symbol comes up again.

Hubby: are you mad at me or something? You're acting weird

Me: no.

I really should just put a stop to this.

Me: actually yes. I'm pissed

It goes to read right away.

Hubby: oh

Hubby: can we talk when you get home please?

I know communication is key to a healthy relationship and I don't like how it feels to be mad at him.

Me: yes

Hubby: I love you princess

I rub my forehead and sigh.

Me: I love you too

I turn my attention to the window and watch as Beatrice drives to Micah's school.

My phone vibrates and I look down at the message.

Hubby: I'm freaking out lol

Hubby: like how mad are you? Because idk what I did

Me: I'm mad

Hubby: yes but why

Me: we can talk about it when I get home I'm pulling into Micah's school

Hubby: speaking of Micah we need to talk about him

Me: ok when I get home

Hubby: okay

We reach the spot where all the kids are and Micah runs up to the trunk and the safety patrol opens the back door.

He clambers into the truck, tossing his backpack somewhere in the backseat.