Chapter Sixteen: Sinbad's Rage

Best I Ever Had by Gavin DeGraw
~~~

SLC
    (Y/n) is still trapped in the Sham Lash base. Bertram got so scary he even Elf had to leave. Bertram began to torture (Y/n), and she eventually blacked out. The chapter ended with a flashback to her childhood.

Third Person POV
    It had been three days since (Y/n) was in a coma. Bertram still hasn't come to get Sinbad so he could visit her, and his patience was running thin.

    Sinbad was walking down a corridor with Ja'far when he started talking to himself. "I need to see her now," he said lowly. Whether it was from emotion or just being quiet wasn't known.

    "But the guy said it was a private hospital that only allows patients and staff in," Ja'far answered the purple-haired man.

    "I don't care about that, I will see my sister!" He burst out, suddenly angry. "Ja'far, watch over things for a bit. I'm going to that hospital for a bit."

    "But Sin, you can't—" the boy called out, but he already knew nothing would change Sinbad's mind. He sighed and continued on his way.

    Sinbad stalked out of the company building, heading toward the direction he believed was the hospital. "A few blocks away," Bertram's words echoed in his mind. So that was what the golden-eyed boy did. He ran a few blocks, the midday sun blazing on his back. As he ran, he scanned the area for the hospital or any big buildings similar to one.

    Eventually, a huge abandoned building came into view. Puzzled and out of breath, Sinbad paused and stared at the building. It was a crumbly old brick structure, with vines growing all along the walls. Windows were either smashed, cracked, or not there at all.

    "Hey kid, don't get any closer! It's dangerous!" A new and unfamiliar voice yelled at Sin. He turned and saw a somewhat older man, somewhere in his early fifties, approaching his current spot.

    "Oh, I'm sorry sir. I was just looking for a hospital. The area over here is rather unfamiliar to me, and I'm a little out of order," Sinbad apologized, putting on a polite face. It wasn't the man he was frustrated with, anyways.

    The male snorted in response. "Hospital? You're staring at it!" He chuckled at Sinbad's surprised expression. "It was financially unstable and ended up being torn down, but this was many years ago. Why are you looking for it now?"

    "I... um..." Sinbad's golden eyes gawked at the man. He couldn't tell him the truth, but he couldn't hide the shock already on his face. "I... was just curious about it. I didn't know it was destroyed..." Sinbad faked a smile. "Thank you for the information, sir," he said before bowing at the waist. When he stood back up he started walking back to where he came, his facade fading.

    Questions exploded through Sinbad's brain, rage, worry, and fear for his sister spilling over his entire body. The hospital was a fake? Then where's (Y/n)? Where's my sister? Was I tricked? Was my little (N/n)... kidnapped? With each thought, his footsteps sped up, until he was sprinting back to his company. His pace didn't stop even when the building came in sight.

    He didn't stop running until he reached a gathering space, like a meeting room, and found mostly everyone there. A day ago, Hinahoho, Rurumu and Parsine had returned to their respective countries to make sure the retrieving and handling of their trading goods was done right. Hinahoho didn't have to go with Rurumu, but he didn't want to be away from his wife from so long, and she agreed. So they he with.

    The people left, Ja'far, Mistoras, Vittel, and Mahad, were sitting in the gathering space and talking when Sinbad burst in. He stood in the door way, panting, with a distressed look on his face.

    "Sin, what's wrong? I thought you were going to try visiting (Y/n)...?" Ja'far trailed off.

    "The hospital isn't there!" Sinbad yelled between breaths.

    Silence spread through the room, surprise and shock bouncing off the corners. Everyone waited for the man in front of them to catch his breath and explain further.

    "I followed the vague directions Bertram had given me, only to find an old, rundown building. Someone living in the area told me that that was the hospital I was looking for, but it had been torn down years ago," Sinbad clarified. "I-I think... I think (Y/n) might have been kidnapped."

    Everyone stared wide-eyed at him. "S-Sin, you don't know that. Let's think about this rationally. Are you sure that was the right hospital?" Ja'far reasoned.

    "Yeah, I agree with Ja'far. How do you know you went in the right direction?" Mistoras agreed.

    Frustration glared in Sinbad's eyes. He was no longer able to stay calm. "No, don't you see? There is no hospital near here! Especially not one so private it only allows patients and staff to enter!" He shouted at them.

    "Then why did you let her go with him if you knew this?" Ja'far yelled back. "If you knew this, then why did you let a stranger take your sister? I thought she was important to y—"

    Each word Ja'far said penetrated his heart. His head was down with his arms at his sides, his hands in a ball. Every sentence that struck him made his hands curl up harder, until they started to shake. "Enough!" Sinbad cried, cutting his friend off. "I wasn't thinking straight at that time! I didn't know the hospital was a lie, I swear!" Sinbad's head was still down, his bangs covering his eyes. "I swear..." he muttered under his breath. A tear skunk down his cheek.

    Mistoras threw Ja'far a "now look what you've done" look. The small boy sighed in response, immediately feeling guilty. He approached the taller male and grabimgbed his hand, as he didn't feel like making a fool of himself if he couldn't reach his shoulder. He took a deep breath and swallowed his pride. "Sin, I'm sorry... I know you care for (Y/n), I crossed the line. If you had known about the hospital, you wouldn't have let (Y/n) go with Bertram."

    Sinbad shook his head. "It doesn't matter, she's already gone. I've lost my sister again... but I don't know how to get her back this time..." he said sadly.

    Ja'far looked behind him and motioned with his head for everyone to get over here. He hugged Sinbad, everyone soon following.

    "You'll get her back with us," Vittel proclaimed.

    "Yeah! Where there's a will, there's a way," Mistoras chimed in. Everyone nodded in agreement.

    Sinbad looked up, wiping his face on his shoulder to get rid of the tear stain. "Thank you... I don't know where I'd be know without you all." He smiled at them. "Now get off me you big lumps, we have to go find (Y/n)."

    "What about finding (Y/n)?" A new, familiar voice intruded.

———
April 5, 2018
Last Edited: August 12, 2018