Chapter Six: Djinn, Check. New Friend, Check. Off To Sea Again!

A/N Still looking for song requests...
What Ifs by Kane Brown ft. Lauren Alaina
~~~

SLC
    (Y/n) went through the dungeon's door, unaware of what it contained. She traveled through a beam of light, seeing other lights along with hers. She figured out what they all meant, and clung on to the one hope she had left that Sinbad must still be alive. After almost drowning from inside, she meets a blue person, claiming they are in her dungeon.

Regular POV
    "T-this is your... what?" You stood there, your mouth agape in shock.

    "My dungeon. A very pathetic version of it, if I must say. What Magi in their right mind would move a dungeon to the middle of the ocean?" She asked herself in exasperation. "Not even a quarter of it made it here," she whined to herself.

    "I-I'm... sorry?" You sympathized, slightly confused between the difference in her aurora and her actions so far.

    The woman sighed. "Oh well, it's not like anyone made it through the preliminary round anyways. You got quite the pair of lungs there. No one could hold their breath for 10 minutes before. How did you do it?"

    "I... um... practice at sea?" You managed to get out.

    "Hm... well, since you're the first of over fifteen thousand men to actually pass the preliminary round, I'll just become your djinn."

    You stood there in shock before what she first said registered. "Wait, fifteen thousand men?"

    The blue being raised an eyebrow at you. "That's what I said, isn't it?"

    "Yes, I just," you ended your sentence there, plopping down on the floor. "Wow. Fifteen thousand," you said in awe. A thought crossed your mind. That's more than Sinbad's dungeon! Wait, that reminds me...

    "Excuse me, miss? Can you sense other dungeons and who captured them?" You asked eagerly.

    She gave you a peculiar look, curiosity being the only thing you could recognize. "Perhaps. Depends on how close you are with the person inside one."

    "Close! Very close! He's my brother," you added on at the end. Your heart rate had sped up with excitement.

    "Well in that case, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to." Her eyes clouded over, making it look like she zoned off. You waited eagerly, all different variety of emotions bubbling up. Anger, happiness, worry, betrayal... the list went on and on.

    After a few minutes she opened her eyes, a frown on her face. "All I can see is that the dungeon was captured. It must be because my dungeon was moved... my senses aren't at their highest."

    You looked at her questioningly. "How did you know what dungeon he's in?"

    "I feel your connection to him, which leads to his connection to the dungeon he's in. It's simple really." She said. Despite her words, you notices a hint of pride in her words. "Ah, that's right... what's your name?" She repeated her earlier question.

    By now, her threatening aurora had melted, leaving one of friendliness. "(Y/n)," you informed her. "What's yours? I need to know the name of my djinn after all," you joked.

    "It's..." she hesitated. "Do you promise not to laugh?"

    Wondering why she would tell you that, you answered with, "Sure, it can't be that bad."

    "You say that now, just you wait." She muttered harshly. "My name is Zaru."

    You stared blankly at her. "Zaru, as in... a draining basket?"