Prologue

A/n: 

It's your friendly neighborhood author man here!

I'm really excited about this one. I love Death note and I really, really hope that you guys enjoy this story.

So let's introduce our character.

Name: Y/n Ryuk

Species: Half Shinigami Half Human

Age: 18

Height: 6" 3'

Weight: 140lbs

Favorite Food: Anything with apples.

Appearance:

(You have Ryuk's wings, you can make them disappear

(You have Ryuk's wings, you can make them disappear.)

Weapons:

Sacred Gear: Scythe of Decay

(You summon it during combat by making dust take the form of it then solidifying into the scythe

(You summon it during combat by making dust take the form of it then solidifying into the scythe. When done, it returns to dust.)

Death Note:

Family:

Ryuk (Father)

Laura L/n (Deceased Mother)

Light Yagami (Non-related, but he's sees him as an uncle. You know...before he gets shot...then dies.)

Shinigami King (Grandfather Figure/Teacher)

Misa Misa (Aunt figure, also not related)

Let's get started!

*Third Person POV*

In Kuoh Town, Japan, we see Rias Gremory and her peerage, including Akeno, her queen, Kiba, her knight, Koneko, the rook, Asia, her bishop, and Issei, the perverted red dragon emperor, and her pawn. They're currently hunting down the fallen angels that have made base in the church in Kuoh. We all know how that will go, but since the author is lazy, lets see our ACTUAL main character.

In the shinigami realm, we see two figures sitting on top of a large mountain. One was an old, grey-haired, and grey-winged shinigami known as Ryuk. The other figure was his son, Y/n Ryuk, a young half-shinigami who was currently moving to Kuoh Town.

"So, son," Ryuk spoke, "Are you to move into your new house?"

"Yes I am Dad, have been for a while." His son replied, "There's nothing interesting going on in Tokyo, anyway."

"Well, if it's excitement you're looking for," Ryuk said, "Then I have something for you."

"What is it Dad?"

"Well, the old man and i have been talking, and he says you're finally old enough to have your own Death Note."

Y/n eyes widened, "Really, my own Death Note!"

"Yes," Ryuk said, taking out a Death Note and handing it to him, "Now take care of it, this is a big responsibility."

"I won't let you down, Dad!"

"I know you won't." Ryuk extended his wings, his son doing the same, "Now, let's get you home, your first day of school is tomorrow."

They flew to the giant hole, where they exchanged their goodbyes, and Y/n flew back down to the human world, hiding his wings as he walked down his street.

It was about midnight, and as he was walking, he passed by a group of people, one was a girl with highly-recognizable red hair.

'So, my neighbors are devils? This place will be interesting.'