Chapter 3: Right down the hall

Sunday January 12th 1:25PM

     As Marco left the cafeteria, he squinted at the sun. "This break was NOT long enough." He started walking toward his dorm building, when his phone beeped. He saw it was a text from Janna, A girl he's known since grade school, she was a freshman this year, Marco had graduated a year earlier than her. He mumbled to himself as he read the message, "Hey! Are you back on campus yet!? We should catch up on our breaks!" Marco smiled and replied to the text, "Yeah, I just ate, meet at my room in 20?" He sent the message and continued walking, checking his Instagram as he walked.

     Star stopped dead in her tracks, staring at the map she had gotten from the admin building when she signed in. "I have NO idea where I am....." she mumbled as she started walking, her face still in the map, blocking her sight of where she was walking. After a moment she heard her phone beep, she checked it and saw it was her mom asking how things were going, she quickly responded with a basic "Everything's great, love it here". Lies, but she didn't want to worry her mother, Star knew it was stressful for her mother that she'd be out of the house on her own. Star slipped her phone back into her bag, looking to the map again to get her bearing and try to find her dorm. After a few minutes of walking she felt like she had walked into a wall. A fleshy...... human shaped...... nice smelling wall.

                                                                        1 Minute Before........

     Marco kept walking toward his phone, chuckling at the posts everyone had put up about their breaks and that they were all back on campus. Before he could realize it, he felt a head against his chest. He quickly looked down and saw a girl falling backward from him, he quickly grabbed her sides and caught her, pulling her back onto her feet. As she caught her balance, she looked up and saw him, putting her hands over his on her sides, her cheeks a soft pink and a sudden inability to speak anything English. "Merci" She said softly, not realizing that this boy most likely didn't know French. Marco looked back at her, not able to look away from her amazing eyes. He heard her, but had no clue what she had said, after another moment her finally was able to speak "I.. I'll assume that was a 'Thank you'?" All Star was able to do was nod, taking a step away from this mysterious man that saved her from ruining her dress.

     Marco was still stunned, a soft smile and light pink on his face "I.. I.. I'm M-Marco...." He finally said, nearly impossible to hear, but Star heard him and nodded again. "You're looking like a TOTAL idiot! Say something!!" She said to herself. "I'm..I'm Star." She said, tucking her hear behind her right ear, showing her purple heart earring. Marco calmed himself, letting go of her sides, picking up his phone and making sure his phone wasn't cracked, he saw it was safe and sighed in relief "Oh thank God." He looked back to Star, unsure what to say. "I'm uhhh, sorry that happened, I wasn't paying attention." Star was quick to respond "No no, It's my fault, I've been staring at this map since I got onto this campus"

     Marco looked at her with a confused look, "Did you forget the grounds during break or something?" Star realized that he didn't know her and she didn't know him. "No umm... I just transferred here, This is my first day here." Marco instantly realized that he could help this... Star girl. He cleared his throat and look at the map in her hand. "Well, This is my second year here. I could... give you a quick tour and help you find your room?" He was hoping she'd say no so he could go meet up with Janna and catch up with her. "If... If you don't mind, I promise I'll only need to be told once, I'm good at remembering." Marco was smiling on the outside, but his insides were screaming. Not only did he bump into a new girl on her FIRST day, but now he has to show her around the campus too. FUCK!! "Sounds good, lets go then.. Star, right?"

     "That's right, Star. And your name is Marco, if I'm correct" And she knows my name! Better get used to hearing her voice all over campus, asking my questions and directions. "Yup, Marco. We're going to the Library first, then the Class Building, then the Grocery Store and then to your room, sound good?" "Sounds good to me." Star answered meekly, walking next to Marco, admiring how nice and helpful he was for her.

                                                                         2 Hours Later....

     "Here we are, room 324." Thank God, now I can ditch this girl and meet up with Janna! Star took out the key she had gotten and opened the door, letting Marco take the bags he was carrying for her inside. She followed him in and looked around at the bare room, she bit her lip and sighed "This just won't do." She thought to herself, but before she could ask Marco her next question, it seemed like he had read her mind. "You can buy things for your room at the 'Dorm Store', I'll show you tomorrow after our classes?" Star was stunned for a moment, soon realizing that Marco was expecting a response. "Yeah, that sounds good. I'll meet you out in front of this building?" Marco gave her a thumbs up and headed to the door "By the way, I didn't realize until now, I live just down the hall, room 347. If you need anything, just come by, I'm always in my room." Star looked over at him, smiling "Room 347, got it." Marco smiled and closed the door, walking down the hall toward his room. Star flopped down on her new bed and sighed deeply, whispering to herself softly "Why did it have to be a cute guy?"

................................................................................................................................................................

Hi! I hope you're enjoying so far. But just so it's out there and known, anything that's in Bold and Italic, Will be internal thoughts, by anyone that is in this story. Now that I've said that, I can publish this and be confident that there won't be confussion.

That is all, thank you for reading this far!

................................................................................................................................................................