Ch 15 Salamander city

Start from the beginning

"Brats, line up nicely in front of the gates and pay the entrance fee." The guard said in a booming voice. Lan Long immediately threw a piece of gold at the guard who had caught it without looking. He soon realized that it was a piece of gold and was trying to find the remaining pieces of silver with his pouch. The entrance fee was 5 silver per person and a 1000 silver pieces made up for a gold piece. Lan Long had apparently over paid by 950 silver pieces. This was equivalent to the guard's monthly income. What was even more surprising was the group had entered the city and didn't even ask for the change.

"Fucking rich snobs." The guard said as he kept the gold and returned to his job with a smile on his face.

The group entered the city and went straight to a restaurant. Although the food at the village was better than dry rations, it was still dirt compared to the high-quality food in the city. The restaurant they had chosen was the Cloud Inn restaurant. Although this restaurant was owned by the Shi royal palace, its branches were found in every major city catering to the high class and cultivators. The food was excellent and cheap. The only other restaurant that were able to compete were either of higher quality or catered to a specific crowd.

The group entered in to the restaurant as was soon blown away by the lavish decoration and many appetizing aromas that lingered in the air. The group hadn't even had the chance to take in the entire beauty of the place, a waitress came and greeted them.

"Welcome to the Cloud Inn, may I ask if sirs and madams would like to sit together or in separate rooms?" The waitress asked politely. She was also a cultivator and had a very alluring dress which showed off her curves perfectly.

"We would like a single room and bring food enough for 11 people. Bring your best dishes and fruits. Also, bring some fruit wines." Lan Long said. He too was starving for some good food. He hadn't had a good meal sense he left his home.

"Also, bring you best wine." Jiang Long added after Lan Long. He was sixteen years of aage and had tasted the allure of alcohol.

"Very well please deposit 12 low quality Ki stone as deposit." The waitress said with a smug look on her face. She had given the price of the best dishes on the ground floor. Most of the young cultivator wouldn't even dare to dish out a single Ki stone, let alone 12 Ki stones for food.

"Here. Show us the room and hurry with the food." Lan Long said as he threw the stone at the waitress. The waitress was immediately flabbergasted, she hadn't thought that this particular group of youngsters were so rich. The shock was not limited to the waitress, Su Ming, Jiang Long and the rest of the group was also shocked. With 12 Ki stones, a Ki sea realm cultivator could cultivate for 20 days while a Ki consign realm cultivator could cultivate for at least a month. Lan Long had thrown out Ki stone without delay, he had treated a precious cultivation resource like a few copper pieces. The maid caught the Ki stones and hurried towards the dining area. She bowed deeply as she left to get the dishes and wines. The wines and food soon arrived as the room was soon filled with an incredible aroma. The fruits were set aside for Little Kong immediately started to munch on them. Within minute the group had finished the dishes but before they could order another round. The waitress came with another assortment of dishes which was soon followed by another set of dishes. All the dishes were incredible delicious. Soon, an hour had passed. Lan Long and the party were completely full. Little Kong was bloated like a small ball unable to move. Soon, Su Ming and the girls left for the Fire School branch in the city and Jiang Long left with Lan Long to the Long branch. They had decided that they would meet after two days and at the city gates before leaving for the Green village. Soon, the duo reached, the Long Clan's local quarters. The atmosphere was gloomy and many cultivators were either dead drunk or receded into cultivation. The battle over the weapon had caused injuries to over 70 percent of the disciples and death of about 30 percent. The losses were quite heavy this time and frankly, the loss of face caused the elder a lot of anger. Many had lost their favorite disciples and loss of resources was also quite harsh.