♔ S I X ♔

~The Next day~

Loud rain poured from puffy grey clouds that covered the sky. Nicole opened the clear doors to Purgatory's Hospital.  The smell of blood, death, and cleaning products made the ginger wince.  "They could at least try to cover up the smell.." Nicole thought overreacting a bit.

There were about five people in the waiting room. Some sleeping, others looking agitated. All of this brought back dark memories she didn't want to remember.

The cop walked up to the receptionist who looked in her mid-sixties. Her hair was a salt and pepper color, her skin was dark and her eyes were darker then the night sky.

"Can I see Waverly Earp?" Nicole asked peering over at the clock on the wall. It was 4:37 A.M. This was the fourth time Nicole had came to check on Waverly.

"Yes, you know we're she is." The Receptionist replied,  her squeaky voice echoing off the newly painted white walls.

Nicole thanked the receptionist and walked instantaneously to the elevator.  There was a loud ding as the elevator creaked opened. As the cop went inside she was met by a blond nurse carrying a tray of shots.

-flash back-

Nicole looked at her Dad who was laying on the hospital bed, bruised and scraped. Bandages were wrapped around his head, and he had casts on his neck, arms, and legs. Nicole watched as his bruised chest slowly moved up and down.

Nicole's fathers mouth slightly opened, making her stomach have butterfly's. She moved closer to her father and put her small scraped hand in his.

"Nic-Nicky." Her father whispered, then went into another deep sleep.

"Dad?" Nicole looked at her fathers stomach once again, it was still moving up and down. A tear trickled down Nicole's eyes. "This is all my fault." Nicole thought holding on to her fathers hand tighter.

Two nurses walked into the small hospital room, one was holding a tray of what looked like shots and the other carrying a tall machine.

"Hey sweetie," One nurse greeted as she walked straight to Nicole while the other nurse was setting up the machine. "You have to go." He said as he placed his hand on Nicole's shoulder.

"No,  I don't want to leave him!" Nicole didn't meet the nurses eyes, she was to busy staring at her father.

The nurse looked at the other nurse, confused on what to do. "Come on, there is food downstairs." He suggested trying to get Nicole to leave the room.

"I said no!" Nicole yelled. It was very obvious she was frustrated.

Three of the many machines in the hospital room started beeping on and off,  a crowd of doctors rushed into the room making Nicole feel confused and so small.

"You really have to go, and now!" A doctor yelled pushing Nicole out.

-End of Flashback-

"Hey, miss are you okay?" The nurse in the elevator asked watching Nicole stare and the shots.

"huh? Oh yeah, i'm fine." Nicole responded. Once the elevator opened Nicole immediately went straight to room 223, which was at the end of a long corridor.

Nicole opened the door to find Wynonna holding the hand of the unconscious girl laying in the hospital bed. Wynonna gave Nicole a small smile then looked back at Waverly.