Chapter 21

Serena's POV

"Okay, so! I have got a green, violet, yellow, orange, blue, red and silver one! So, what do you think? Which one looks the best?" Marina said as she held up all her dresses for me and Ash to rate.

We both were called into the living room to judge the dresses Marina had and help her choose one. I don't know why I am here, but I still am here sitting on the couch.

"Is there any color left that you don't have?" I ask as I look at the 'rainbow' she is holding up.

"Of course! I don't have white, black, magenta, sky blue, gold-" She started rambling.

This is so tiring.

"Okay, okay! Marina, let's get a dress for you!" Ash exclaimed.

"Yes Ash! Thank you! You are way better than my sister in this stuff." She said pouting at me.

I casually shrugged my shoulders.

"What can I say- we should be aware of such stuff too if our girls don't know about it." He smirked at my annoyed face and stood up. 

He walked over to Marina and held up the red dress against her.

"Marina, red suits you, but I think half of the girls will be wearing red so try to avoid it. In fact, Dawn would be so furious if she sees you all dressed up in red because you would look far more pretty than her. Guys would fall head over heels for you and ignore her. And we don't want a tantrum from her, now do we?" Ash shook his head and chuckled as he kept the dress on the couch and picked the green one.

Marina slightly blushed at Ash's compliment but soon her face turned into a frown.

"You are going with Dawn?" She asked as Ash held up the dress and inspected it.

"Yeah." Ash sighed.

"But I thought-" Marina started but stopped when Ash shook his head. I couldn't see his expression as his back was towards me but he surely didn't look happy because Marina held his cheek and rubbed it soothingly. She gave him a comforting, gentle smile.

Dawn Berlitz. Oh you are so dead.

I clenched my fist and let go when Ash and Marina were looking at me.

"Uh- sorry. What did you say?"

"How does this one look? I think it doesn't go with her eyes." Ash looked at the green dress and then at Marina, considering it.

"That shade is too dark for her eyes. Also, it looks a little dull. What about- this one?" I stood up and held the silver dress.

"No, I wore this once and everyone has seen it before. I want something new!" Marina pouted.

I looked through her dresses and picked the yellow one while Ash took the blue one.

"Not blue, Ash. Her eyes don't match with that blue." I commented.

"Oh right. But yellow won't look good either. Too bright." He pointed out.

I looked at the yellow dress again. Yeah it was too bright.

I nodded and then grabbed the violet dress. Ash took the orange one.

"Well both of these suit you Mari. They both are great. So now choose." Ash said as I nodded, agreeing with him.

Both the violet and orange dresses looked beautiful.

The orange one was a long, simple but elegant dress. It was sleeveless and its neck was an oval-cut. From the neck to waist, the dress had beautiful silver and shimmering designs. Little mirrors and pearls were attached here and there. Below the waist, the dress was plain orange and spread out on the floor. It wasn't really a party dress, but an elegant and formal one. It would look gorgeous on Marina.