/ When I Saw You Dancing /

Start from the beginning

We're true.

"We've officially reached your destination," Yuri said as I went bug-eyed at the fact that my car tires were driving against the Golden Gate Bridge.

The distant look of flashing lights, cascading buildings, and people on endless streets lighting up in my eyes.

So this is what it feels like to escape captivity.

God.......

If that's the case.......

I never want to be trapped again.

"Welcome to San Francisco, Victor Nikiforov," Yuri said as I looked over to see him leaning against the window. "As Frank Sinatra once said, "now that's a grown-up swinging town."

God, of course Yuri would be the kind of person cultured enough to quote none other than the man himself.

"How cliché of you to say something like that," I said as I turned onto one of the Long streets, bright yellow taxis parked on each side.

With women in red lipstick and rainbow outfits making their way downtown.

"Says the boy who won prom king."

"Do not bring that up again."

All I could hear was his childish laughter as he leaned back into the seat, still taking entertainment from my golden boy woes.

My fingers flicking the empty bubblegum wrapper into his adolescent face.

"Oh king, I am not worthy of your presence. Please.....please spare me," Yuri yelled out sarcastically, his hands in a prayer position as he "begged for mercy."

"You are such an asshole!"

"And you're so fragile," his dainty fingers poking me all over the leather jacket as I tried not to laugh or swerve the car.

"Yuri, stop!"

"What is the magic word, your majesty?" he asked me as I let out a slight laugh, my hands desperately trying to tear him off of me.

Even though all I wanted was for them to be on me.

Oh my god.

I did not just say that.

"P-Please?" my voice timid as I gave him a fake pout, his hands immediately drawing back.

"I was gonna be an asshole and do the thing where I say "no it's abracadabra." But I like you enough to spare you," he said as he pulled another cigarette out of the pocket of his baby blue jeans.

I wondered how many packs of Marlboro's he goes through in a week.

"You're still an asshole, anyways."

"Sassy today, aren't we?"

"No, just pointing out the obvious."

He just smiled.

"Well, I hope you can endure my company a little longer because right after this turn, you'll be stuck with me all night," his lips murmuring as he took his first puff.