(II) 7- ice cream

Beginne am Anfang

"I don't know Mitchel" I say trailing off.

I pay for my things and I walk out the shop with Mitchel following me. I had to admit he looked really good today, I think it was the first time I had seen him without dark circles under his eyes in a while. He had on his signature black jeans with a white sports jacket paired with a pair of glasses that I hadn't seen before but made him look very cute.

"Please?" He asks in a more hopeful tone.

My face just shows signs of mental debate as I weigh the pros and cons. It was great to have him back in my life but did I really need him? All my months of moving on had been a waste already from this trip.

"It's just ice cream Jaz" He says "What's the worst that could happen?"

I finally roll my eyes and give into him and his breaks out into a smile as we walk through the mall to get to the small little ice cream shop we went to on my last trip here. I loved it when we first came and I was going to come here anyway before he suggested it.

It was just as quiet as the first time we came and I don't even need to look at the flavours because I get mint ice cream no matter where I go. Mitchel however was more indecisive and spent a few minutes looking at the selection before finally settling on a mix of a few flavours.

We sit in a booth near the back and I start to dig into the ice cream. It tasted as good as the first time I came and it was bringing fond memories of that time.

"I know you're thinking the same as me" He smiles knowingly.

"What's that?" I challenge.

"I know you loved it when I brought you here before" He states.

"I like anywhere that gives me food" I reply.

"Yeah but you liked this place especially because they have Elvis posters on the wall and the seats have that shiny red material that makes you feel like you're in an old diner from the fifties" He explains.

He looked right in my eyes as he tells me this and I could feel the blush already forming on my cheek. It amazed me how well he knew me without me even telling him about this. I did love the posters and I did love the chairs. I loved him too, even if I was scared to admit that to myself sometimes.

"Well observed" I hum as I bring the spoon to my mouth again.

"Christmas feels like a lifetime ago" He states.

"Because it was" I reply.

3 months is a long time and even if it doesn't seem it sometimes, it's amazing how long it can actually be and everything that can happen in that time.

"I wish we could go back to it" He sighs.

"Yeah" I reply.

I truly did. Everything was so much easier then. We were good, we were happy and none of the mess had happened yet and we just enjoyed two weeks of being together and relaxing without anything getting in the way. But our problems were still there, we just ignored them.

"One day we'll be back like how we used to" He tells me.

"You don't go back to the past Mitchel" I say.

I didn't want us to be like before, there was always underlying tension, trust issues. I couldn't do that again, I needed him to have faith in me and not question my loyalty to him.

"I mean I'll get you back" He clarifies "I'll make sure of it"

"It's okay to say that" I say "But you need to talk less and do more"

It was alright for him to speak of how much he missed me and needed me but he had to show me, properly show me.

"Why are you making this so hard? Look at me Jaz" He says taking my hands and pulling my gaze to his.

"I am a mess without you, I am nothing without you" He says firmly "I want nothing in life more than you, I will do anything to get you back, I just need you to tell me what you want"

While hearing those words were nice and to see how much he cared to get me back was endearing, my words still weren't resonating with him. I wanted an action, I didn't know what exactly but I knew Mitchel had a way with words and persuading you of things and so all these lovely words were nothing more than a wicked spell to keep me in his trance and fall into the trap.

"You need to figure it out on your own" I state.

He sighs slightly seeing that I wasn't going to crack and that if he wanted me, he had to do it on his own. I wasn't going to cave as easy as before.

My phone buzzes and I see a message from Christian and I open it to see a meme he had got from twitter and I struggle to stifle any laugh.

I look up and I see Mitchel biting his tongue, I knew he knew it was Christian and I had been told of how Mitchel felt about our friendship, but he didn't need to be worried because I viewed Christian as nothing more than a close friend. So I know he wanted to make a remark but he simply eats the rest of his ice cream and stay silent, he really was trying. He knew his possessiveness over me was something I hated.

"Don't worry, your memes are always way funnier" I say winking at him.

His face lights up and I swear I see a hint of a blush that I'm glad I could bring to his face. While i was being hard on him, I wasn't going to be a total bitch. I missed my friend as well as my boyfriend and so nice moments like this I enjoyed.

Somehow though, nice moments never lasted long without something coming along to ruin them. A girl with lots of make up shouts on Mitchel and makes her way over to the table and I don't recognise her but I can see for a fact that he does as I see all the colour drain from his face leaving me with one question in my head. Who the hell was this?

----

Surprise! Double update 😈

The votes were so close that I decided to just put them both up today 🌹

Enjoy