Oh how I wanted to smack this kid into the Underworld.

I felt Annabeth's grip tighten on my shoulders but she remained silent. I glanced at her and saw her eyes blazing with hidden fury. I returned my attention to the asshole and tilted my head. "Well Adam, it certainly doesn't look like it. If I recall, you were shaking like a whimp on the floor while we took down the monsters."

Laughter rang around me and I knew I would have the backup of the other campers and my friends if this kid tried anything. Adam's face flushed bright red and he glared at me with loathing. "Well, whatever! I'm obviously the best swordsman here!" A smug smile suddenly appeared on his face. "And what-"

Adam's sentence was cut off as gasps rang throughout the group of demigods. My stomach twisted as I stared at the floating trident over Adam's head.

Or shall I say, my new half-brother.

People dropped to a knee, their heads bowed, just like they did whenever a new camper was claimed. Annabeth dropped to a knee as well, and she had to drag me down by my shirt in order to force me to do the same. Adam smirked at the people kneeling before him and Chiron cantered over in his horse form to see what the commotion was about.

His eyes widened at the trident over Adam's head before Chiron folded into a half bow. "All hail... erm....." "Adam Green." Adam said smugly. "All hail Adam Green, son of the Earth-Shaker and Lord of the Seas, Poseidon!" Chiron finished.

I wanted to punch the stupid ass smirk off of my half-brother's stupid ass face. I hated this guy, and guess what!? He had to be my new half-brother. Shit, and I have to share the Poseidon cabin now.

The campers rose to their feet, and Chiron patted Adam on the back. "Percy, will you show your new half-brother where he will be staying?" That honestly was the last thing I wanted to do, but I wouldn't say no to Chiron. "Yeah, sure. Come here, Adam." I kissed Annabeth on the cheek before turning and walking off, not waiting or caring if Adam was following me.

When I reached the Poseidon cabin, I glanced back and saw Adam standing a few feet away from me, his green eyes studying me. His lip curled when he saw me looking at him. "I don't see what the deal about you is. You honestly look like nothing. But don't worry, I'll take away your title of "saviour of Olympus" for you. And your pretty little girlfriend as well."

Anger rose up inside of me. Did he really just say that? Did he really think I'll let him say all of that without consequence? I stepped forwards until Adam and I were almost standing face-to-face. Then I reared my arm back and punched the little shit across the jaw. I watched in some sort of happiness as he staggered back, his hands going to the spot where I had hit him.

"What the Hades!?" Adam yelled. By this time, a small crowd had gathered around Adam and I. "You hurt me!" "Percy, why did you do that!?" Annabeth cried, appearing beside Adam and looking at the spot where I had punched him. A bruise was rapidly forming, but I didn't care.

"Well, maybe because he said that he was going to take you away from me." I said, crossing my arms. Annabeth's eyes flickered uncertainly over to Adam who was holding his hands to his jaw. My girlfriend shook her head and said "Well you didn't need to punch him like that!"

My jaw dropped. Was Annabeth really defending the bastard?

I looked at her, disappointed and bit confused at the way she was acting, before turning and entering my cabin. Sorry, not my cabin anymore. The Poseidon cabin. Where I share with Adam.

Fuck my life.

I heard footsteps walking away and I glanced back to see Annabeth leading Adam up to the infirmary, muttering something about how I wasn't usually like this. I gritted my teeth and slammed the door, leaving me to stand alone in the Poseidon cabin. If Annabeth heard what Adam said to me, she'll personally throw him into Tartarus.