Chapter 20

Serena's POV

"A- what?" I questioned incredulously.

Since when did our school bother?

"A prom! You know where a boy asks a girl out and then they go together as a couple and-"

"Yeah, I know that! But why now?" I interrupted Ash from his explanation about what a prom is.

Of course I knew what that was. But our school never bothered to hold proms before, so why this year? Whoever gave the principle this idea is stupid.

"You know what, it was Dawn, Misty and May's idea." Ash told me.

Yep. They are stupid.

May, Dawn and Misty are like the 'mean girls' of our school. They date everyone and then dump everyone. They wear the most ridiculous dresses and believe me or not, but they got a timetable for dressing themselves.

Monday- Jean and top.

Tuesday- White outfit, but not jean and top.

Wednesday- Mini dresses, not white.

Thursday- Pink day.

Friday- Mini skirt and crop top.

Now, how do I know this? Well, this has been going on since those three met each other in middle school and had a party and watched 'Mean Girls'. And I was one of them. I was their friend and hung out with them. But after that one pajama party, I quit and ignored them.

But they still come over and offer me to join them. They once went to my sister because she likes wearing dresses, gowns and stuff. But I was there for her rescue. I didn't need her to become one of them.

Now those three have been picking on me and bullying me.

"You know what, because you are like this, our reputation is going down!"

"That's why you don't have fame and a boyfriend."

"Serena, guys fawn over girls. Not tomboys!"

I don't need guys to fawn over me or fall head over heels for me. And seriously, if guy likes you for your looks, that would be just a temporary thing.

Like me and Calem were.

"I didn't expect anyone else to give the idea. It's ridiculous." I remarked as I sipped my coffee and read my kindle.

"Sere! It's not ridiculous. Come on, we could go!" He started jumping excitedly.

"Are you asking me out?" I raised my head and looked at him, trying not be so eager.

Please do.

"As if you would go." He then mumbled something incoherently. "Anyways, I have got someone else to reply to." He shrugged.

Oh.

No. Wait.

"What?! Someone asked you already?" I asked as he paced back and forth in my room. My eyes followed him. He seemed deep in thought, as if he was considering it.

"Yeah. But I am not sure if I should trust her." He said as he rubbed his chin.

"Really? Who is the one to ask you out?" I tried to fake a smirk.

I didn't even get the chance to ask him.

I internally sulked.

"Dawn Berlitz."

"What?!" My head snapped at him.

Dawn Berlitz.

She is bad news.