"Yeah! How's your family?"

"My mom's good, she's bored though. I haven't talked to my step dad since I left and he won't let me talk to Grayson.", I frown.

"That's fucked. Does Grayson have social media?", he asks.

"Yeah, but he made Gray block me from everything and threatens to kick him out if he catches him talking to me. It sucks."

"I can give him your number.", he suggests.

"You'd do that?"

"Of course. It's fucked up that your step dad won't let you talk to your little brother."

"Thank you so much.", I hug Zen.

He smiles and we finish bringing in the guitars and amps.

"I didn't know you talked to Zen.", Awsten says walking up to me.

"Yeah, he's cool. We were really close during the future hearts tour."

"Oh, that's cool."

"I guess so. The guys and I are going to a chinese place tonight, wanna come?", i ask.

"Yeah. I'll ask the boys. I'll catch you after though, we have to go on like 3 minutes ago.", he smiles.

"It's a date.", he runs to the stage.

As I'm walking to the dressing room I get a text.

From; unknown number
is this nova?

To; unknown number
yupp. who's this?

From; unknown number
it's grayson

To; gray
can u call me?

From; gray
i'm at my friends house, so yeah.
i'll call in like 2.

A couple minutes later he calls.

"Gray!", I answer.

"Hi, Nov.", his voice sounds deeper than I remember.

"You're what, 13 now?", I ask.

"Yeah, gonna be 14 next month."

"Damn, you're growing up.", I sigh.

"I know. But I still miss you."

"I miss you too, Gray. How are things with him?", I ask.

"Terrible. The only thing that has changed is instead of doing heroin, he drinks again. Keeps threatening to kick me out, same shit.", he explains.

"I need to get you out of there."

"He won custody, there's no way.", he says.

"We would just have to prove him unfit and then you could live with mom again."

"You're on tour, you're busy. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.", he pushes me away.

"Stop doing that. I am not too busy to help my little brother. Do you remember where Auntie lives?", I ask.

"Yeah, Wilmington, Delaware. Why?", he asks.

"I'm going to be in Delaware with my friend from Sunday to Tuesday morning. Ask him to take you there for the week and we'll figure it out from there, okay?"

"Okay. I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait either. I have to go but text me whenever and call me whenever you need, no matter the time. I love you, Gray.", i say.

"I love you too.", we hang up.

"Who was that?", Alex asks.

"I didn't know you were there, sorry. That was Grayson."

"How's the little trouble maker doing?", he asks.

I sigh, "he says he's okay other than the step das thing, but I don't believe him."

"Is he doing the same shit to him?"

"Yeah, but he's back to drinking."

"Shit. I'm sorry, Nov.", Alex frowns.

"Not your fault.", I smile at him.

Jack walks up to us, "Sorry to Interrupt but they're finishing their last song so we need to go on.", he grabs Alex and they wave bye to me.

I wait a couple minutes to knock on the Waterparks dressing room door.

"Who is it?", Geoff asks.

"Santa."

"Come in!"

I open the door and see all three boys sitting on their phones.

"Hiiii.", Otto says as I sit down across from them.

"Yo."

"Are you alright? You don't look very happy.", Awsten points out.

"Family drama.", I sigh.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, you guys just played an amazing show, don't wanna ruin the mood. But I'll talk to y'all later, I think I'm just gonna take a nap.", i say.

"Oh alright. See ya later.", Awsten hugs me followed by Otto and Geoff.

I text Alex to ask him to wake me up when I have to help pack up and then quickly fall asleep.

After what feels like forever I wake up.

I check the time and it's 1am.

I walk to the front room and see Alex and Jack sitting at the table in what looks like a serious conversation.

"Why didn't you wake me up?", I ask.

"You have a lot on your plate so Zach helped pack up.", Alex says.

"Awe. Thank you zachy.", I yell to him.

"You're welcome, Nov.", he yells back.

"So why do you two look like someone ran over your dog?", I sit down next to Jack.

They stare at each other.
"Should we?", Jack asks.

"Yes, we have to.", Alex says.

"What is going on?"

"Grayson tried to kill himself."