thirteen

I open the white door covered in band posters so show a room covered with even more posters.

To the left is my bed, the blankets are extremely fluffy and blue. There's about 50 pillows, all different textures, shapes, and sizes, along with a 6ft tall stuffed elephant and a green dinosaur laying on the other side of the bed.
There must be at least 500 posters covering my walls, I stopped counting after 208. There are fairy lights hanging throughout the room, along with a LED chandelier hanging from the center of the room.
On each side of my TV there's a shelf, the one to the left of the TV is covered with art supplies and the one on the right has books and CD's scattered on it.
And finally, on top of my purple dresser is a bunch of makeup that is neatly organized.

"Whoa. Your room is so cool.", I hear someone say.

"It only took 17 years.", I say, "But thank you."

"17?", Geoff asks.

"When I was about to turn 18 I started touring."

"Oh. Who's your favorite band to tour with other than the obvious two?", Otto asks.

"Probably either Pierce the Veil or Sleeping With Sirens. They're the classic emo bands but they're all so sweet.", I explain.

"Touring with them had to be crazy. Have any stories?"

"Yeah, a lot. But my favorite one is so bad, Tony isn't allowed to say anyone else was involved or it could cause a lot of legal problems.", i say.

"Well now I'm intrigued, go on.", Awsten says sitting down on my bed.

"We were so drunk and we bought water balloons, then we went onto the highway and threw them at a bunch of cars. Nobody else did anything except for a group of like 4 guys. They got out of the car and stabbed Tony and I. It was pretty cool, so we got a matching tattoo of a water balloon with a knife going through it.", I share.

The three start to laugh, "Y'all have some issues.", Awsten states.

I just shrug and look around my room.
It's so weird being in here. It feels like it's not even my room.

I grab my sketch book, I don't remember what's in here.
As I turn the pages I see Winnie the Pooh, Groot, Stitch, and a bunch of animated characters.

"You're really good.", Awsten says looking over my shoulder.

"Thanks, I haven't worked on anything in a while."

"Maybe you should, you clearly have the talent. You could make money off of it or just enjoy it.", he says.

I smile at him and put everything away.
We all go back downstairs to join the group.

"Nova, honey, can you feed the cows and pigs? I fed the others before you guys got here.", my mom asks as I walk down the stairs.

"Yeah, is the feed in the same place?"

"Yup, thank you honey."

I walk outside and hear footsteps from behind me.

I turn around and see Jack.

"I did not expect you to want to feed the animals."

"I don't want to feed the animals, I wanna talk to you.", he says catching me off guard.

"Private?", I ask.

He nods and I lead him up to the shed where we keep the feed.

"Alright, what's up?", I ask.

"You left your phone on the counter when you went upstairs. It kept going off so I looked to see if it was important or not. It was Chris and he was asking if you were still going to show. What are you planning?", he asks concerned.