3 | camus

Start from the beginning

          Thanking the servant for notifying me, I quickly stood up, patted down my clothes to make sure I look the part of royalty, and headed out of the lounge. The hallways of the Silk Palace were cold as always, but they felt just a little warmer today than usual. Even Alexander, Camus's dog that he had left in my care when he first left for Japan, looks happy to know his owner has returned after being gone for so long.

          With Alexander hot on my heels, the two of us entered the main foyer and were elated at the sight before us.

          Standing there readjusting the cuffs of his jackets sleeves was none other than the Earl himself. Those ice blue eyes of his looked to me and, as I approached him, he instinctively bowed, upholding all the manners he's been taught since we were young. "It is nice to see you once again your highness."

          Waiting for him to straighten back up, I immediately threw my arms around his neck and hugged him as tightly as I physically could. "Camus, drop the formalities. I've missed you." I said honestly without hesitation, smiling to myself as he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist in a tight embrace.

          "It's only been two years since I left ___." He murmured.

          "Two years far too long wouldn't you agree?" I asked as I pulled away from the Earl just enough to get a better view at his face.

          His hair has grown out some, the platinum blonde still as vibrant as ever, looking identical to Alexander's fur actually. Though there are faint circles under Camus's eyes, surely the result of the grueling work hours idols are put through. But, despite the fatigue, he still remains just as handsome as he was the day he left if not more so. Gosh, I've missed this man so much it hurts.

          Not even half an hour later and I soon found myself sitting back in the lounge with Alexander and also now with the addition of Camus. We drank tea together, the Earl of course adding far more sugar than necessary into his tea cup while I happily drank mine mildly sweetened.

          Stealing a glance to the Earl, I cleared my throat. "So Camus, how long do you intend to stay within the palace? A week perhaps?"

          "Actually," he spoke up, looking to me with a soft smile, "I'm to be returning to Japan later tonight."

          My eyes widened at that. I could feel my heart sinking into the pits of my stomach. He only just arrived back home and already he's going away and leaving me all over again... "Tonight? So soon?"

          With a nod of his head, my spirits dulled. "I've already spoken with the Silk Queen and she agreed to allowing you to accompany me back to Japan."

          "Wha- I get to come with you?!" I very nearly yelled. "Really? You'll take me with you?" I then asked a little quieter, being mindful of my manners considering we are in the Silk Palace where government officials could be wandering the halls this very second and the last thing they need to see is their future ruler acting like some overly excited teenager.

          Chuckling, Camus nodded once more. "Of course, I couldn't leave you behind again."

          With my heart stuttering in my chest, I stood up from my chair and once again hugged the Earl as he continued to sit. "Oh my gosh Camus, you're the best. Thank you so much."

          "Anything for you ___." He murmured in response before I released him from my embrace.

          For the rest of the day that I spent alongside the Earl, I couldn't stop smiling. Even Alexander looked happy for me, licking my hand and nudging my legs before wagging his tail and scampering back over to Camus for some much needed and missed attention. Hopefully we can bring him with us as well. Being able to have Alexander enjoy Japan as well would be lovely.

          And, the best part about this is there's no longer any distance between Camus and myself. I'll be able to see him when he's not working and not have to be satisfied with only late night phone calls and random text messages that he may or may not respond to. Finally, I'll be able to be with him if only for a few hours every couple of days. That's far better than two whole years of never being able to see him.

          "Would it be too early to say I'm in love with you Camus?" I asked just before we were to be boarding his private jet back to Tokyo.

          The platinum blonde looked to me, a newfound warmth shimmering behind those ice blue eyes of his that took my breath away in seconds. "As long as it's not too early for me to say I love you in return then it's fine."

          Unable to control myself, I went up on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek, quickly grabbing Alexander's leash and leading the dog onto the jet, leaving the Earl to grab our luggage and catch up.

——————————

          Thanks for reading lovelies and if you would like to request then go to the introduction chapter and request there~

          I also have a discord server open for everything anime and kpop so if you'd like to join, go to my profile and click the link in my bio!