Chapter 23: Scotland

Start from the beginning

Damon: As your older sibling, Eva, I'm saying no.

Evangeline: Come on, Damon! I haven't seen you in ages and I miss you.

Damon: Well when this ripper binge blows over, Stefan and I will fly in for a visit. Maybe even bring that girlfriend.

Evangeline: What's her name again?

Damon: Elena, Elena Gilbert.

Evangeline: I knew she was a founding family member. How is that council going?

Damon: Well I'm the head of the council, and the mayor and sheriff know what Stefan and I are, so things are good.

Evangeline: So why can't I come to Mystic Falls then?

Damon: Because, I said you couldn't.

Evangeline: When did I ever listen to you?

Damon: Never, but there's a first time for everything. Take the advice, Eva, stay away from Mystic Falls.

Evangeline: Don't count on it, brother.

Damon: You know I will, sister. Where do you think you'll be headed? And don't say Mystic Falls or even America for that matter.

Evangeline: Maybe France, maybe Australia, maybe Brazil. Who knows? I may even have to trek through the Antarctic.

Damon: With Katherine? Could you really see her in an Antarctic expedition far away from civilization and shopping?

Evangeline: Yes. I climbed the Himalayas with her.

Damon: Forgive me if I find that terribly hard to believe.

Evangeline: I'll be on my way now. Goodbye, brother.

Damon: Have a nice time, little sister.

As I hung up the phone I looked to the entrance of the kitchen where Kol was leaning leisurely in the archway as Katherine came to stand in front of me. "You want to go to Mystic Falls?" She asked me.

"Maybe in a couple more decades," I assured, "but until then, I'm feeling up for the glorious beaches of the Bahamas. Who's in?"

"Do I look like I wear bathing suits?" Kol questioned, gesturing to himself.

I scoffed. "You can't tell me you've never been to a beach before."

"I've never been to a beach before."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."