Chapter Seven

The others arrived and gathered around us. I parted from my sister and brushed some of her hair away that was blowing into her face.

"We used to have pride" Gort began "And now we just pilfer and drink  and dream about when we didn't. Every man here would die for the chance of becoming that man again. So, we follow you Princesses in life and in death" i turned round to look at him

"And we shall have our pride again. On Gus's soul this I swear." Quirt hands Snow, Gus's sword. Snow looks angry and I do not blame here. That night we cremated Gus and watched as the embers burn. Snow leaned her head on my shoulder and I hugged her.

"Dark the starts and dark the moon. Hush the night and the morning loom." I knew the song and began to sing.

"Tel the horses and beat on your drum. Gone their master gone their sun. Dark their oceans, dark their sky. Hush the whales and the ocean tide. Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum..."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Snow and I had been given coats as it got more colder and started raining. I slipped my hood up as we made it to a stream.

"I'm sorry i left you." We stopped hearing William

"You didn't" we replied

"If i thought you were alive, I would have come for the both of you" i laid my hand on his cheek and he closed his eyes briefly

"We were children William" he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"You're here now" Snow added then Eric helped her across the river.

"We do not blame you for what happened. It is in the past and the future is what counts." i took my hand away and we to cross the river. I nearly slipped but William caught me before anything happened. I looked back at him and he was staring at me.

"Thank you" he nodded and we continued on. The farther we got up the mounting the colder it became. Snow was crisp on the ground when we set up camp. The dwarves gave us blankets to keep warm.

"You like him don't you" Snow stated and i looked at her.

"Who?" I asked

"William. You always have."

"Of course. He's our friend."

"Not like that. You look at him the way mother used to look at our father. " I sniffled remembering our parents.

"You look so much like her." I spoke softly

"But you act like her. Yet that is not the point."

"There is no point sister, we have been held in captivity for 11 years. People change."

"Not everything does. Like the way he looks at you."

"If we're talking about looks i might care to mention you and the Huntsman" she blushed slightly "Not nice is it" i smirked

"It is not like we can ever be together."

"Why not? When you are Queen you can marry whoever you choose." I sat up

"I always thought you would be Queen." She replied

"Me? Queen?"

"Yes" she smiled deviously "With William as your King" i gasped and shoved her she laughed slightly. When she sat back up.

"But in all seriousness" she began and my smile lessened "There will be a point where one of us will have to take the throne."

"I know but let us not think of such things right now."