Day 1

"Okay Mom I think it's time to go," my little sister Amy said as she held back tears. She shot a small smile at me as she knew she would be going from seeing me everyday to not at all till Christmas holidays. 

My sister Amy and I had gotten very close over the last 3 years when dealing with our parents divorce. I knew moving so far away was going to be really hard on the both of us, but it has been something I have been thinking of since I graduated highschool 2 years ago.

"I suppose you are right Amy, lets go Levi!" My little brother Levi jumped up from petting my dogs Maverick and Moose, Levi looked so sad to be leaving them here with me. 

I walked the 3 of them down to the front door. As Levi and Amy were putting on their shoes my mother turned to me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I felt my shoulder become wet with my mothers tears, she had been crying for hours now. 

"Mom, are you going to be alright driving?" I asked quietly while wrapping my arms around her, hugging her back. She didn't speak, but she nodded her head against my shoulder slightly. She sniffled quietly as she let me go and took a step back.

She cracked a smile for the first time in hours "I am so proud of you!" 

I smiled back at her, I was proud too, "thanks mom." A few years ago I wasn't even sure I was going to graduate highschool and now I am off at college and going to be starting my own life. 

"When you come home for Christmas you're bringing Maverick and Moose, right?" I heard Levi shout from behind my mother. I started to laugh. Levi was so attached to my dogs, he just loves animals in general. 

"Yes, Levi" I smiled at him as his face brightened up with joy, "I'll even send you updates on them up until Christmas." Before I even finished what I was saying Levi jumped at me and gave me a quick hug. 

"Thanks" he quickly let go and walked over to the door. I looked over at Amy, she was just staring at her feet. I could tell she was fighting back tears. 

I opened my arms "come here," she looked up with a sad smile and gave me a hug. "You're going to facetime me when you guys get home right?" 

Not letting go of me, she lifted her head and smiled "yes." I smiled and squeezed tighter. 

"Okay, now getting going you guys have a really long drive!" She slowly let go of the hug. Tears building up in her eyes again. I took her chin into my hand and tilted her head upwards so she had to look at me. 

"I am going to miss you," I spoke quietly, fighting back tears myself. She shut her eyes and tears streamed down her face, she pulled me back into a hug and started to cry. I hugged her back, a few tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I am going to miss you too," she said after she stopped crying slightly. We both jumped at the sound of a car horn. 

We both looked out the door as my mother rolled down the passenger side window and shouted out to us, "Amy we have to go," she looked like she had been crying more. Amy let go and began to walk to the car. 

Right before she opened the passenger side door she looked back with a smile smile and waved goodbye to me, I smiled back and waved goodbye as they started to pull away from the house and down the street. 

I sighed and turned around walking into the house pulling the door closed behind me. I ran up to my room and opened the door so the dogs could run around the house. They rushed out of my room as a I opened the door. "You guys have too much energy," I laughed as I watched them play fight in the hallway. 

"Cyrus! Cyrus where are you buddy?" I shouted as I searched around my room for my cat. A small meow came from behind my closet door, I opened the door to see  Cyrus sleeping in a basket of my clothes I needed to put away. I laughed and picked him up like a small baby "how did you get in there" I walked over to my bedroom window and looked down into the huge backyard.