Just Friends Right?

Chapter 6 :

                Just Friends Right?

Diamond

     After my we left Marcus's house, I decided to call my best friend Danthony . Him and I been friends for the longest. Were practically like brothers and sister.

I dialed his number, he picked up on the 3rd ring. " Hey ugly , wassup" , he answered ?

" Nothing, we just came from our new neighbor house and they got a son my age,  he'll be coming to our school " , I said excitedly

"Why you so excited ? ... " he paused before continuing " Don't tell me you like him", he finished from the other end.

" He's cute dee " ,  I said calling him by his nickname. " he's pretty cool too " I replied  while smiling.

" I'm cute and I'm cool but you don't like me " he replied . " Yea but that's because we're best friends dummy but come over later so I can introduce you guys,  he's coming over to watch the game " , I replied

" yeah whatever but okay i'll be there later " he said before hanging up the phone.

Danthony

         After hanging up the phone I couldn't help but shake my head at the thought that diamond already liked her new neighbor she just met but she's known me for years and didn't like me.

Yeah we're best friends but I've been crazy about diamond since the first we met. She's beautiful,  smart , funny, yeah she can be annoying at times but I love her more than just a friend. We been best friends for 3 years now and she still haven't realize that I'm crazy about her but Mark or whatever his name was just moved next to her and she likes him.

Girls can be so complicated. They talk about how they want the perfect guy yet he can be right in front of them but won't realize it. They go out date a bunch of guys that just wants to get in their pants, and when they get hurt they claim all guys are the same. " I'll never understand woman " Danthony said out loud getting frustrated.

" What's wrong Danthony" , Danthony mom asked as she walked in his room. " Nothing ma " , he answered. He know his mother mean well but he didn't feel like telling her how he felt.

" Okay hunny , if you need to talk I'm here for you " , she said walking out.

Danthony love his mother, ever since dad passed away 5 years ago she's been strong for both him and his sister Nikia. She works hard to make sure we have everything we need and I appreciate her for that.

His phone started vibrating snapping him out of his thoughts. He seen he got a text from Diamond, he ignored it and went to the bathroom to take a shower. " I'll just talk to her when I get over there later " , he said to himself.

After taking a shower and getting dressed in some khaki cargos, basic black tee and some black Nike's. He grabbed his car keys and head out to the door. " Ma I'm going over to diamond to watch the game with her " , he shouted.

" Alright baby , tell her I said hey and to come by sometimes" she replied back. " Alright ma ", he said as he closed the door behind him.

My mother loved diamond the minute he introduced them. She comes around every once in a while and when she doesn't my mothers constantly telling me to bring her over. Diamond the only female I have ever brought around my mom.

AUTHORS NOTE

I KNOW MY CHAPTERS ARE EXTREMELY SHORT BUT I PROMISE THE NEXT FEW CHAPTER WILL MAKE UP FOR IT.

COMMENT !! TELL WHAT YOU THINK ! TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKE,  WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE !!