My Neigbour

Chapter 1 :

               The Introduction

   " Come on Diamond, we gotta go ", my mother yelled from downstairs.

We had a new neighbor and my mother insisted that we go and introduce ourselves. She said that's what Good neighbours do. When we moved over here nobody made an effort to come and introduce themselves to us so I don't see why she bothers.

" I'm coming ma" , I yelled back as I quickly got dressed in a basic pair of jeans and tee. I don't see why I should get all dressed up when were just going next door.

I rushed downstairs where my dad and mom was waiting impatiently for me. " I'm here and ready to go " , I announced when I reached them. 

   " Mhmmm what is that delicious smell? " I asked.

" Its the pie I baked for the neighbors hunny, now let's go", she said as she opened the door and started walking to meet the new neighbors.

We got there within second , I mean it was right next door. My mother ranged the doorbell and waited for someone to come open the door.

" Hello , you must be our next door neighbor" , a man who looks about my dads age said as he opens he the door.

" Yes , This is my wife Jasmin and my daughter Diamond" , my dad said as he points towards us while he held his hands out for a handshake.

" Next to meet you all, I'm Russell,  come in come in ", he replied while shaking my dads hand.

They had boxes everywhere, which made sense since they just moved here. " Sorry for the mess,  we haven't had any time to unpack " , Russell said as if reading my mind.

" No need to apologies" , my mother replied. " I baked this pie for you guys " she said while handing the pie to Russell .

" And it smells delicious too , thank you " , Russell replied.  My mother smiled because she loved being compliment on her baking.

" Hunny, the neighbours are here " , Russell shouted.

A woman who looked about my mother age came through the door wearing a colorful sundress " Sorry, I was I was fixing some things up in room but I'm Claire"

" I'm jasmine and this is my daughter Diamond. Should we come by another time?  it seems like you guys are busy " , my mom said.

" No you guys are fine, and nice to meet you guys". " mhmm what is that smell ?"  Claire said all in one breath.

" It's the pie I baked for you guys" , my mom said smiling. " And it's nice to meet you too "

" It seems delicious , thank you " , Claire said. My mother nodded and smiled.

" Have you meet my son Marcus? he'll be going to the same school with you and I think i'd be nice for him to at least know one person". Claire said.

" No ma'am I haven't " I replied.

" Marcus,  boy bring your butt down here and say hi to our neighbor " Claire said.

" I'm coming ma, I'm coming " Marcus replied.