7. Goodbyes?

Sorry, I'm awful at updating.  Please keep reading this story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack J P.O.V.

I kissed Ashley hungrily. She responded quickly, moving her mouth in sync with mine. After a few moments, we broke apart. I still had her face cupped in my hands. We were both breathing a little heavy. I looked at her, gently rubbing my thumbs across her cheeks. She smiled slightly as a blush creeped across her cheeks.

"You are so beautiful." I murmured lowly. This made her blush even more. She tried to turn her head away, but I still had her face in my hands and could stop her. She finally made eye contact with me. I couldn't stop grinning. 'What was this girl doing to me?'

"ASHLEY, we need you!" One of the girls yelled. Her voice was laced with panic. Ashley's face fell as we heard a commotion starting in the other room.

"Let's go." I said, and started towards the other room, with Ashley on my heels. I looked around as we got into the room. People were missing.

"Where's Alex? ...And Sam?" Ashley quickly questioned.

"They left." Carly replied, avoiding Ashley's gaze.

"What do you mean, they left? Where'd they go?" she snapped back.

There was silence as everyone looked around, waiting for someone else to speak up. "Well, someone answer me." Ashley was trying to contain her outrage. She wasn't doing great at it.

"Sam's hotel." Shawn was the one who finally spoke. There was an uncomfortable silence.

"Oh, okay." Ashley said very quietly. I could see the thoughts stirring in her head. She didn't know how to react. "Well, she is a big girl. She can make her own decisions, right?" She wasn't speaking to anyone in particular. She had started pacing, anxiously. I didn't know how to help her, but I wanted to.

"Ashley..." I trailed off. She stopped pacing and looked up at me quizzically. "I... uh... nevermind." I looked at the ground, shaking my head.

I had no idea what to say or do. She looked at her watch. "It's getting pretty late. I should probably be heading out." She's right. It is almost 430 in the morning. How am I not exhausted? But I didn't want to leave. I didn't want her to leave.

"So, uhm, Ashley since Alex isn't home tonight is there any way I can crash?" Mandy questioned, extremely awkwardly.

Ashley let out a long sigh. "Yeah, I guess. C'mon let's go. Guys, it was really nice to meet y'all." She smiled brightly around the room. "Carly, I'm happy you are okay. I'll see you at work tomorrow." Then, she looked directly at me. "I still expect you to keep up your half of the bargain" She said, tapping her forearm. I was confused for a second, until I remembered that I had her number on my arm.

"You want us to walk you home?" I offered, and she just giggled. "Jack, you do know I only live one floor up?" she teased.

"Yeah, but a lot can happen on one set of stairs." I said, blatantly. "Okay, then. If you really want to, I can't stop you from walking us upstairs." She rolled her eyes as she replied. She started heading for the door, as Mandy said her goodbyes.

We got into the hallway a bit ahead of Mandy. "Should we wait for her?" I wondered, aloud. "Nah, she knows where I live." Ashley plainly said, and grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers and pulling me lightly behind her. I took the two steps to catch up to her, so we were walking side by side.