flaws

(edited)

Josh traces shapes into my back while we mindlessly watch television. I suddenly speak up.

"Let's go somewhere." I suggest, counting the freckles that adorned Josh's features once more.

"Where?" Josh looks down at me, waiting for an answer.

"I've got an idea." I tell him.

"Alright, Ty." He chuckles. "C'mon, let's get you dressed into something comfortable." Josh says. "You can borrow some of my clothes."

Josh's takes his hand from my back and stands, facing me and putting his hand out for me to take. He pulls my weight off the couch with ease and embraces me once more. I hold his hand when we walk to his room.

'Gay.' My thoughts call.

I decide to ignore it. Wondering if being gay is really as bad as my mind tells me it is.

Joshua releases my hand and I take a seat on the bed as he opens his closet doors. He rummages through his clothes, asking me to stand up as he places a few shirts in front of me to see how they would look.

---

Joshua's POV

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Tyler Joseph is the most beautiful man in the entire world. Here he is, in front of me, soft chocolate hair going in a couple directions, porcelain skin lay on a fragile frame, adorned by rose dusted cheeks, plump cherry lips, and perfect hands. Perfect everything. Just. Perfect. It takes every ounce of my energy to stop myself from kissing this boy.

I hold up a couple of my shirts that are too small on me and choose the grey one. It looks the best against Ty's skin color.

---

Tyler's POV

Joshua tells me he will wait in the living room until I finish changing. My heart hurts and I don't want him to leave.

"Josh-" I say just as he's about to close the door behind him.

"Yeah, Ty?" He peeks his head back in.

My body aches and I know I won't be able to dress myself.

"Can you help me, please?" I'm embarrassed. I want to crawl under his cotton covers and never come back out.

" 'Course, Ty." He smiles and walks back into the room.

Ty. The nickname warms my heart and makes me feel fuzzy. I almost forget about my scars and new wounds. I had taken the bandages off a while ago but they were still fresh.

"Josh," I start, looking at the ground and then peering at Josh's face. "Promise you won't judge me?"

"Even if I did judge you, Ty, there wouldn't be a single flaw to judge." Josh promises.

My eyes go back to my feet and Josh steps closer, placing his fingertips on the hem of my shirt. He pulls on the fabric and I lift my arms above my head tiredly, putting my complete and total trust in Josh. Josh removes my shirt, my ribs are visible through my skin and my stomach in unhealthily sunken in. That's the first thing Joshua notices. The second thing he notices are the scars that litter my hip bones and shoulders. Josh runs his fingertips across them tentatively. Tears pooling in the bottom of his eyes. He moves his head toward my shoulders and embraces me. Letting his tears slide down my skin.

Josh lifts his head up, looking into my empty eyes. Then he brings his head to my shoulders, placing his lips on each and every scar. Whispering sweet words every so often. Tears begin to pool in my eyes as well. His kisses don't burn.

"Like I said, Ty," Josh begins, sliding the loose grey shirt onto my small frame. "Not a single flaw."

Josh places his palms on the sides of my pants and looks into my eyes for permission. I nod my head and Joshua slides them down cautiously, his eyes landing on the hundreds of scars that run up and down my thighs. Joshua lifts my leg up and places my foot in the left side of the sweatpants, then the other, slowly sliding them up and bringing himself up from the floor with them. Joshua is slightly taller than me, so when he looks into my eyes, his head is tilted down and I feel inferior. Embarrassed. And terrified of what he will say.

He says nothing. But he tells me everything he has to say when he presses his lips against mine. It's gentle, and cautious, and everything slows.

---

(742 words)