D O S

"Well... if it isn't Miss Mangaagaw. Asan si RJ?" Corinne asked. Maine tried to walk away and ignore her, but Corinne pulled her back.

"Bastos ka? I just asked you a question, then tatalikuran mo ko? Asan si RJ? Ganon ba kahirap yung tanong ko? O sadyang tinatago mo sya sakin?" She asked.

"Bitawan mo nga ako! Hindi ko alam kung nasan si RJ. Ang tamad mo rin, ano? Maghanap ka, hindi yung magtatanong ka sa tao para gumaan yung buhay mo!" Maine yelled.

She was about to slap her, but then RJ came to save his girlfriend.

"Tumigil ka na nga, Corinne! Hindi ka na ginagalaw ni Maine ah! Masyado ka ring papansin no?" RJ insulted.

"RJ... What the heck has happend to you? You weren't like this before!" She said.

"Corinne, that was before. I changed—"

"You changed for that stupid girl?!"

"Shut up. She's not stupid." He said.

"You promised me that you'd be mine when we grow up, what happend to your promise, RJ?" She cried.

"Corinne, that was years ago! Can you just forget everything?! Move on!" He yelled.

"How?! Tell me, how can I move on?!"

"Find that out on yourself."

•••

"Mahal, may party mamaya kina Aicelle. Punta tayo?" RJ asked.

"Sige." She answered coldly.

"Hey..." He sat beside her then placed his arm around her shoulder.

"Still mad about what happend earlier?" He asked. She didn't answer, so he hugged her.

"Don't be. There's nothing to worry about Corinne. I promise you, Akin ka lang, Sayo lang ako." He said.

"Eh paano kung mahiwalay nga tayo?" She asked.

"Then... We're not meant to be." He answered.

"Look, if we're not made for each other, there's nothing we can do. If were not meant to be with each other, then remember this as a new experience. And... You'll always have a special place in my heart, even though God knows how many girls will try to fit in. I love you, Maine." He said.

"Thank you. I love you too, RJ." She said with a smile. She gave her a kiss on the lips then they started to change clothes.

•••

"Congrats, Aicelle!" They both greeted.

"Salamat! Buti nakarating kayo. Busy nyo sa school eh." She thanked.

"We are. Pero... We need to spend time with friends aswell." RJ said.

"Ah... Enjoy lang kayo ah! Kalimutan muna yang mga problema na yan. Balikan ko kayo." She said.

"Sige. Thanks, Aice!" They both said. The couple walked towards the bar, and saw Mikael, Maine's old best friend.

"Mikael! Long time no see ah!" Maine greeted.

"Yep! Musta ka na? Namiss kita ah..." He asked. He walked towards her then gave her a hug. A tight one. RJ glared at Mikael. He felt a little jealous. He didn't know who he was, and what role he has on Maine's life.

"Okay naman. Magtatapos na ng college next year." She answered.

"That's great! So, sino to? Pinsan mo?" He asked with a smile.

"Ahmm... Actually, boyfriend ko sya. Mikael, meet Richard Faulkerson Jr." She introduced. Mikael shaked hands with RJ then smiled.

"Finally, we've met, RJ. I hope we can get along just like how me and Maine. Nice! Nagka-boyfriend rin si Mengganita! Akala ko magiging dalaga ka na lang habang buhay!" Mikael teased.

"Grabe ka! Tingin mo sa gandang to, hindi magkakaboyfriend?" She joked.

"Wala akong sinasabing ganun ah! Kaya andaming nagkacrush sayo nung high-school eh. RJ, ingatan mo tong si Maine ah! Habulin to!" He joked which made Maine laugh. RJ showed a fake smile. Not happy about what was happening.

"Mahal, I need to go to the restroom. Be right back." He lied. He went to the restroom to make himself calm.

•••

After 10 minutes inside the comfort room, he finally decided to go out. He was pacing back and forth inside the CR, thinking about how he could face the two.

"RJ, wag ka ngang OA! Best friend lang ni Maine si Mikael. Mabait naman siguro yung tao... Sigh.... Let's do this!" He said to himself.

He saw the two, already drinking, and telling jokes. He walked towards them then sat beside Maine.

"Huy, akala ko iniwan mo na ko. Mahal, si Mik pala, dyan din sa university nagaaral. Di lang talaga na-labas ng classroom. What a coincidence no?" She said. RJ smiled then took the drink from Maine.

"Mahal, bakit ka umiinom ng beer? It's not good for you." He whispered after taking a sip of what she was drinking. It was dark, and he could not what she was drinking.

"Ano naman? Wala namang mangyayaring masama, Hal. Wala din namang pakeelam si Nanay. And besides, umiinom ka rin naman nito diba?" She answered.

"But Hal, you are not used to these kinds of beverages." He explained.

"Pake mo ba! Hayaan mo na ko! Minsan na nga lang ako maka-inom ng ganito, pagbabawalan mo pa." She answered madly.

"Sorry na. Just know that I'm trying to keep you safe from harm." He said. Maine continued drinking then continued chatting with her best friend.

An hour later, RJ decided to not drink so he can have a proper mind while taking care of Maine. He watched her every move, even Mikael's. When it was 10:00 PM, he decided to take Maine home. Whether she'll like it or not.

"Maine, wag na matigas ang ulo. You're drunk." He said.

"Wala kang pake! Hayaan mo na ko, RJ! Kung gusto mo umuwi, umuwi ka! Wag mo kong dinadamay dyan!" She yelled.

"Maine, let's go home na." He convinced once more. She finally fell asleep, and that made the situation easier.

He carried Maine to his car then he drove home.

"RJ! My goodness! What happend?" Rose asked.

"She got drunk." He answered.

"Obviously. Where did you both went? It's 10:00 PM, for God's sake, RJ! Diba I told you to always comehome before 8:30?" Rose yelled.

"Mom, calm down! I'm turning 19 already! Stop making decisions for me because I'm already a grown-up making grown-up decisions!" He answered at her.

"RJ..."

"I'll put her to bed. And I'll head to bed aswell." He said.