The Gift From Conan

Conan and you were in the middle of San Diego. It was your nineteenth birthday and you would rather spend it with your best friend than anyone else. Your parents were working, and Conan and you were supposed to be in school - but skipped because you would rather go somewhere nice, and celebrate your birthday.

You were sitting on an old bench in a park nearby your houses, talking about the future. It was a common thing for you to talk about, because the both of you had a lot to say. "I'm not sure about my future. There is a lot of things that I really like, but I have no idea about what I will be working as. Probably something creative" you said and looked at Conan. He was drinking something pink from Star Bucks with the word "Conen" written on it.

"Of course, you'll be something creative. Haven't you read your stories? They're fantastic" Conan said. "And don't say that they aren't something special!" he warned. You smiled and looked down.

"But being an author is hard. I need at least another job. J. K. Rowling was a teacher beside the writing, I think." We kept talking, until Conan stopped himself, and almost choked because of the drink.

"I FORGOT!" he said in the middle of his sentence about a song he was writing. "How could I forget?" he asked and opened his backpack with an excited voice. You slowly laughed and saw that he had a squared box between his hands.

"CONAN" You said with a big smile and took the box. It was red and had a blue ribbon around it. You were sure that he had made it himself, because that was the person he was.

"Don't be so surprised" he laughed, "of course I was gon' give you a gift" he said. You slowly took the blue ribbon away and shook the box gently. What could it be? It was too heavy to be clothes. It could be some books.

"Is it books?" you asked and started to open it.

"Maybe, maybe not" he said. Some of the red paper was scratched away by your nails, so you could see some words. Impossible Polaroid Impulse 600.
You could feel your smile grow. Conan was also smiling. "Do you like it?" he asked through his smirk and laughed.

"I don't know whatit is" you said and threw the red paper out in a trash next to Conan. "And what is this" you pointed at some smaller boxes. Then you saw the picture on the big box - "ouh, it's a camera. Thanks Conan" you gave him a hug. "But I don't know how to use it or what it even is" you frowned.

"Ill show you" he said and moved closer.