3

MADELINE'S POV

"I think you look beautiful."

those words stuck in my head like glue. sure, ethan and I are close but he's never called me beautiful before. if he's complimented me, he's just told me I look nice or something simple. but never beautiful.

my thoughts are cut short as ethan and I pull up to his house.

ethan and I walked into his house and I took off my shoes. mrs dolan was strict on keeping the house clean. I knew this from being here pretty much all my life. neither of our families have ever moved houses.

I shut the front door behind me as ethan ran up the stairs to his room to fetch the computer. someone sat up from laying on the couch, startling me.

"oh, hey madeline." grayson said standing up. I gave him a small smile and a wave. "hey gray."

"you look really nice today. I mean, you always do. but wow." he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

hold the fuck up. why are they being so weird today?

"uh haha thank you." I was trying to not sound awkward, but failed. the twins NEVER complimented me like this. weird.

"well I have some homework to do. see you later?" grayson said.

"yeah, I'll come tell you bye before I leave." I smiled warmly.

he waved and made his way up the stairs.

GRAYSON'S POV

I gave madeline a light wave and walked up to my room. grayson, why the hell are you so awkward? I groaned at my racing thoughts and sat on my bed.

okay, so, ethan and I may have had a little talk about madeline last night. well, a big talk actually.
_______

last night

pre cal is literally impossible. plus why did they assign it on a friday night? all ethan and madeline got was a photography assignment. lucky bitches.

I decided to go and ask ethan for help on this bullshit they call homework. groaning, I made my way to ethan's room.

ethan was sitting at the chair at his desk, with his feet on the desk platform and his back facing me. he didn't move and I don't think he even heard me come in. I looked to the screen of his phone and could easily see he was looking through madeline's instagram. it was a scandalous but pretty photo of her.

I coughed purposely, grabbing his attention

he turned his head around to see me and quickly locked his phone, putting it screen-down on his desk top.

"oh, hey gray. what's up?" he was being awkward.

"I was just gonna see if you could help me on my pre cal... but why were you looking through madeline's instagram? that photo is from weeks ago." I said narrowing my eyes.

"and how would you know that's from weeks ago?" he narrowed his eyes back.

shit.

"okay maybe I look through it too." I said nervously.

"she's gorgeous grayson. this may sound weird, but I think I might have feelings for her." ethan said refusing eye contact with me.

"well this homework is pointless now." I laughed sitting on ethan's bed.

"what should I do about it? we have to go do a project together tomorrow and I'm honestly nervous. she never makes me nervous." he said.

"nothing." I said blankly.

"what?" he said finally looking up at me.

"I said nothing. she's our best friend. it could ruin everything. plus, I may have some feelings for her as well. it'll be a mess if we both like her." I said looking straight at him, letting him know I'm serious.

ethan sighed and looked down again. "she's hard not to like. she's beautiful, funny, unique, smart, witty, adventurous... I could go on." ethan mumbled smiling to himself.

"yeah. plus she's pretty hot." I laughed trying to throw in some humor. but I wasn't at all kidding. she's hot.

don't get me wrong, I have feelings for her. but not lovey gushy feelings, more like I want to rip her clothes off and make her scream my name kind of feelings.

that's when I get an idea.

"ethan... what if we can both have her?"

"what?" he said shaking his head slightly.

"I said, what if we both have her? we can admit it to her at the same time. and I have a proposition. she can be involved with us both, separately. it'll be our little game together. at the end, she'll decide who she wants. that is if she agrees." I said crossing my arms with a smirk creeping up on my face.

"I don't know dude, she's not an object." ethan said looking unsure.

"I know she's not. she's our best friend. but I've seen her staring at us from time to time. I wouldn't doubt she has at least small feelings. I say we just bring it up to her, and go from there." I said.

"okay... but if she says no we will not speak of this again." ethan said sternly.

"I agree." I smirked back.
______
back to now

I know it's wrong. I know it. I just want to confess to her now. I need her. god, I hope she agrees. I feel like an asshole. but I have teenage hormones, and I know she does too. if she does say no, at least we're close enough that it won't be awkward. hopefully.

ETHAN'S POV

I ran upstairs and freshened up in the bathroom before grabbed my macbook off my desk and ran back downstairs to see madeline sitting on the couch watching TV.

"hey, where's gray?" I ask her.

"oh, he went to his room." she said. "he was being kinda weird."

he better not have told her yet.

"how so?" I asked sitting next to her.

"just like being short and awkward with me. I don't know, lets get to editing." she laughed, getting onto the macbook.

I handed her the card from the camera and she inserted it into the computer, pulling up the images from today. I watched her for a minute out of my peripheral vision. she smiled lightly to herself as she clicked around on the touch pad.

she loved photography and editing. so when we took photos and it was time to edit I didn't pry. it was her thing. of course I would help, but she denied it always. she's so OCD about editing her photos, and she always would end up revising the ones I would edit. so I eventually didn't ask anymore and let her do her thing.

that was another thing that attracted me to her. her determination, her passion. she truly was unique.

now I just hope confessing this to her won't change us for good.
_____
20 votes for next chapter!! love you guys xox