Chapter 9: I No Longer Revolve Around You

Start from the beginning

Lila pushed the door open causing it to bang against the wall. Immediately everyone looked at her making her feel nervous for some odd reason.

"Ms. Starfare you are over thirty minutes late!"

"I'm very much aware." She said in a monotone voice.

"You will be marked absent."

"Yes, those are the rules." Lila did not know where this spark of sassiness came over her but she liked it.

"Just take your seat." Mr. Perkins grumbled.

*End of flashback*

"It was pretty cool huh?" Lila asked while tilting her head in shyness.

"Yeah I must admit. You definitely got the sass from me." Bee cleaning off imaginary dust from her shoulders.

"I take it that this little makeover is to show that your over him?" Calla asked

"Yes and no. Yes because I dropped him as a friend and no because I wanted to dress cute today."

"Lila that's impossible." Calla said

Lila looked at her expectantly.

"You always look like shit." Calla said with a mischievous smile.

Lila couldn't help but laugh. "I fucking hate you bitch." She said in between laughs.

The three of them joke around like that. It showed how comfortable we are with each other.

The three girls laughed and started to work on their assignment.

*****

"I can't believe we have a substitute teacher for physics today!" Calla said

"It's not that big a deal hun." Lila said

"But I was looking forward to doing the experiment today." Calla pouted.

They sat at the big table in the back of the class.

Lila looked down to tie her hair in a low bun, She was sweating from her previous dance class. She heard the chairs next to her scrape against the floor.

Lila finished tying her hair, looked up to see Nathan, Emmett and two other guys who looked very familiar.

"Hey guys." Bee greeted

"Hi." Calla said rather quietly

She tends to get shy around people.

"Ugh Since when do You have this class?" Lila asked Nathan.

He turned his head to lila and raised an eyebrow. "Are you questioning my academic abilities?" He said in a rather challenging voice.