Chapter One

"Lights? Camera? Action!"

"My name's Louis, Louis Tomlinson. Make your prediction and tell me, who is going to win my heart?" I winked flirtatiously at the camera, adding a small, nearly indistinct smirk.

"Cut!" The director yelled. "Brilliant, go make yourself comfortable in the hotel, I don't want you meeting the boys yet." And that was that. I shuffled quickly and confidently towards my hotel room, throwing a brief wink at one of the young trainee cameramen. He blushed furiously.

Here's the thing. I'm just a normal Doncaster-born boy. Sure, I'm gay, but until recently, that was in no way significant or important to my lifestyle. Until someone thought that a gay reality show would be a big hit. I suppose they were right, the show has summoned hundreds of newspapers and magazines to its interest.

The idea of the show is that the 'bachelor,' me, is the centre of the programme, while four other young lads attempt to win me over. They do so by taking me out on dates, doing photoshoots, videos *ahem* and anything else they can think of that could allow them to take me by the hand. And apparently this is a hit.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how I managed to secure myself in this hotel room.

I'm not complaining, the place is brilliant. It's all just.. Different, you know? I have a positive feeling in my stomach, but all the same I feel like I'm turning my life around. And yet I can't wait to see what the future holds for me.

~~

"Mr. Tomlinson, it's time for you to come and meet the contestants." The voice over the intercom told me. I rolled my eyes dramatically. "Hey, I saw that." Wait, what? My eyes widened in disbelief. "Yes, we have cameras in your room."

"Nosy assholes," I muttered, pulling myself off my bed and onto my feet.

"Cameras are waiting outside your room, so I suggest you get your sass on and put the sexy ass of yours into confident mode." I smirked at this.

"Sexy, huh?" When I recieved no reply I just grinned and hopped out the door into the hallways. To be completely honest, I was quite looking forward to meeting the boys.

"Ah, Mr Tomlinson! Come in, come in. Are you ready for your photoshoot with the lads?" Photoshoot? Well okay then.

"Am I ever not ready for anything?" I raised my eyebrow cockily. He grinned back at me.

"I suppose not, what a silly question. Come right this way, then." He lead me towards a platform surrounded by cameras where a raven-black haired boy stood, smirking at the camera flirtatiously.

"That's it! Brilliant job, Mr. Malik." Zayn nodded at the director and the show's host quickly summoned him over. I caught his eye and grinned. He was gorgeous, that's for sure. Sticking my hand out to shake his, I glanced him over.

"I'm Louis."

"Zayn, Zayn Malik." He winked and ran his hand through his black hair. In the background, a second lad was recording his introduction video. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a pretty face to fix before our group photoshoot." Zayn told me, before disappearing into the makeup cubicle. As I watched a fake-blonde pose for his pictures, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned to find a light brown, feather-haired boy sticking his hand out in my direction. I shook it and cocked my head to the side.

"My name's Liam. I'm one of the 'contestants,'" He snorted, as if he thought it was ridiculous. I raised an eyebrow.

"Louis." He was quite fit, I just wasn't sure about his attitude. But I brushed that off, we hadn't exchanged as much as four sentences yet.