Natalia Borgia - Chapter Eight

In honour of my birthday today i will upload two chapters here is the first

There was repeated knocking on my door and I went to open it. Lucrezia passed me and I closed the door behind me.

"Lucrezia whatever is the matter."

"My brother, how could he? I loved him more than anyone and he ruined it." she cried I went to comfort her.

"What did he do?" I asked

"He put a question mark above my husband's name"

"What how did he even see that I moved it out of sight.?" she looked up teary eyed at me

"you knew!"

"Lucrezia, I saw it as I was passing the night before last. I removed it and took him away. He was angry he did nothing to aid you with having Giovanni follow you to Naples. He merely questioned who side he was on."

"He on is my side, he loves Giovanni!"

"Then why did he not stand up to his uncle! Why sit there like a mere weakling, rather that defend his wife? Even I am not that pathetic" she slapped me and I looked at her shocked. Amara began to cry and I cleared my throat.

"I will be leaving " she left and I went to tend to my daughter.

----

I sniffed and wiped my eyes. I had pushed my boundaries with one of the people I hold close.

"Natalia, whatever is the matter" I heard Cesare

"I had a argument with Lucrezia and she slapped me." I breathed

"What?"

"She came in crying about you. Angry that you put a question mark over Alfonzo's name. I explained you were just mad that he did not defend her. I then called him pathetic, to which she slapped me. I got what was coming to me I suppose. he knelt down in front of me and examined my face.

"There is no bruising, I checked." I sighed

"I will talk to her."

"Not let her breathe she is just angry. Besides I am not mad at her. I would slap someone too if they called you pathetic.

-------

"He asked for what!" I called

"He asked for two, one from each family to watch the consummation. Lucrezia, chose me."

"Why you are here brother?"

"As punishment for not running him through for the honour of the family. She wishes me to watch."

"She agreed"

"She had no choice" I rub my face

"That vile man is sick, Cesare. How could he ask of such a thing with them." he held me.

"I know, my love. I know."

"I do not wish for any of you to go through that" he kisses my head and hugs me.

-------

Vanozza and I helped Lucrezia. I placed her hair forward.

"Do I look pleasing?"

"You look beautiful" Vanozza replied

" Beautiful to satisfy a king of Naples?"

"One night and it will be done" I say quietly. We had apologised to each other but I was still weary of talking to her.

"The act maybe done in a night but I will have blood for this." the clock chimed and she left. I sighed and went to wait in my chambers.

----

The doors opened and Cesare rubbed his face, entering.

"I never want to be put through that ever again" I embrace him and he buried his face in my neck.

"You will never have to my love, never have to"

--------

I sat in the carriage waiting to leave Rome to travel to France.  I saw his father hand him the papal brief on the annulment of my Uncle's marriage. They exchanged words and Cesare rode in front of us as I held our daughter.

"And so it begins." If everything was to be planned right, upon my return I would be a married woman. And if my love is ambitious as I know he is, he will have more that a wife to parade when we return.